Deals to Celeb-Favorite Spots
Whether you are a rock band groupie, Hollywood aficionado or admirer of literary and political geniuses, there is one thing we all have in common: where the stars go, we go. With these Travelzoo deals, you can walk in the footsteps of your favorites on vacations fit for an A-Lister.
- Rosemont Manor: Before there was Camp David, there was the Rosemont Manor. This 200-year old manor house, once the estate of Virginia Governor and Senator Harry Flood Byrd, Sr., has no shortage of political history especially with its esteemed list of presidential clientele. Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon have all walked these manicured grounds and experienced southern hospitality at the Rosemont. Now you can too, with this couple getaway for $299 per night including breakfast, wine tasting and a picnic lunch. This is half off current rates.
- Turtle Bay Resort: A Hawaii vacation gone haywire is no laughing matter, but when it unfolds on the big-screen and features an all-star cast including Jason Segal and Jonah Hill, laughter will ensue. At the Turtle Bay resort, filming site for “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” you can laugh your way through a Hawaiian vacation as you recall some of the film’s funniest moments for $169 per night, 40% off current rates.
- Nottoway Plantation: On the outskirts of Baton Rouge exists the largest plantation house in the South, dating back to the 1850s. After undergoing a multimillion dollar renovation, this mansion boasts modern amenities, but remains a quintessential antebellum retreat featuring pre-Civil War bones. This type of nostalgic architecture is also notable for inspiring the band name, Lady Antebellum. See what sparked these famed Southern singers when you take a 4-star getaway that's nearly half off to the Nottoway Plantation and Resort for $169 per night.
- Cabo Azul: Thanks to celebrity designer Dodd Mitchell, Cabo Azul beckons A-listers for a tropical respite. Hollywood actresses Ali Larter and Jennifer Esposito have made Cabo Azul one of their vacation destinations, and Victoria’s Secret Angel, Kylie Bisutti, celebrated her nuptials at the resort’s open-air chapel, El Corazon. With this 4-person getaway, you can relax like the stars in your own private villa for a $599 four-night retreat.
For those of you who are more interested in seeing celebrities rather than vacationing like one, here are some Travelzoo entertainment deals that feature star-studded casts:
- New York City: Save 35% on tickets to Gore Vidal’s “The Best Man,” and witness the dirty side of politics as two frontrunners race towards the presidential finish line. Gracing the stage are James Earl Jones, John Larroquette, Cybill Shepard, Kristin Davis, Elizabeth Ashley and John Stamos.
- New York City: For $67, celeb-sight Ricky Martin in the Broadway musical, “Evita.” Vogue calls this real-life story of Eva Peron's rise from poverty to Argentina’s First Lady as "sumptuous, elegant and breathtakingly romantic."
- Los Angeles: If you want to vacation like a celeb and be entertained by a celeb, then you certainly want to eat a meal prepared by a celeb. Scott Conat, most known for appearing on Bravos “Top Chef” and the Food Network’s “Chopped,” has become one of the country’s most preeminent Italian chefs. Scarpetta, Conat’s most prized restaurant, translates to little shoe, referring to the shape bread takes when soaking up the last bits of your meal. With this Local Deal, you will be doing exactly that. For $39, enjoy an unlimited Sunday brunch featuring gourmet eggs, fine meats, crudi and more. Or for $99, two can dine on a four-course tasting menu regularly priced for $158.
Travelzoo Tip: This month’s Shakespeare in the Park free performance, “Into the Woods," features Amy Adams and Glenn Close.