The readers have spoken: the list of Conde Nast Traveler subscribers’ favorite resorts, airlines, cruise lines and more was just released, and nearly 1,300 properties and places earned a place in the spotlight. Nearly 50,000 people participated in the Readers’ Choice Awards survey, the 25th year it’s been given.
The Deal Experts at Travelzoo have negotiated discounts with several of the award winners, from rooms overlooking the glittering Strip to sailings down the Panama Canal, with savings of as much as 60% off current prices.
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk: Named the No. 1 hotel in Hawaii by the readers, rates at this 5-star property have been cut in half, to $219 per night, for travel through Dec. 20. Stays Jan. 2 - March 31 are $30 more per night.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua: Spend five nights in paradise with this Maui vacation package including airfare starting at $1406 per person including a $500 credit.
Las Vegas hotels:
- Bellagio: Test Lady Luck at this iconic 5-Diamond property where nightly room rates have been cut to $149-$179 through the end of the year. This is a savings of 40%.
- Trump International Hotel and Tower Las Vegas: Deals including weekend travel can be tricky to come by, but 45%-off stays start at $79 per night for travel select dates November-January.
- JW Marriott Las Vegas: At 60% off package prices, this AAA 4-Diamond resort is offering two nights in an upgraded room (based on availability), a $50 credit, spa access and Wi-Fi for $179.
- Costa d'Este Beach Resort: Gloria Estefan’s Vero Beach escape has taken $105 off the price of packages including welcome mojitos, valet parking and choice of spa credit, kayak rental or beach setup. Stays through Jan. 30 are $139 per night.
Atlanta & Southeast hotels:
- Williamsburg Lodge: Experience Colonial Williamsburg and use this luxury hotel as your base of stays of two nights or longer with a $259 package that includes a $100 credit for use at on activities at the resort.
- The Ritz-Carlton Buckhead: This Friday and Saturday, save $150 per night as rates at this 5-Diamond property have been discounted to $209 per night.
Boston & Northeast hotels:
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa: Picked as the No. 1 Resort in the Northeast by the readers, this property has trimmed 50% off rates to $159-$209 per night for stays into March.
- The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa: Catch the end of fall foliage season at this picturesque Manchester Village, Vt., starting at $139 per night. With this offer the $25 resort fee has been waived, and guests will receive a $25 spa voucher.
Northern California hotels:
- Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa: Sneak away to Sausalito at this waterfront hotel offering guests a bottle of wine, a spa credit and a $189 nightly room rate. This deal, which is $165 off, has already been booked by Travelzoo Deal Experts in the San Francisco office.
Seattle & Mountain West hotels:
- Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle: Stay within walking distance of the Space Needle and Pike’s Place Market at this hotel offering room nights beginning at $175.
- Four Seasons, Whistler: This resort, named the No. 2 across all of Canada, has discounted stays, including nights during ski season, starting at $202 per night.
- Booked a luxurious room in a dream spot but now need to get there? For domestic travel, award winners Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways both have nationwide sales ending Thursday, and American Airlines has cut fares coast to coast in a sale that’s over Monday.
- For those ticking boxes off their bucket lists, Air New Zealand has discounted fares to the Cook Islands, Australia for spring travel, and London from LA.
- London’s gotten a lot of buzz this year with the Olympics and the Queen’s Jubilee putting it in the global spotlight. See it for yourself with this deal from Virgin Vacations. Travelers fly Virgin Atlantic -- also included in the award-winners list -- with this three-night jaunt for $1059 per person.
- Princess: For less than $50 per person per day, spend a week bouncing around Saint Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. This $449 price is valid on sailings select November-December dates.
- Holland America: Experience a weeklong Caribbean cruise for $399 per person on this line named in the Top 10 of its size.
- Celebrity: Sailing roundtrip from San Juan, this last-minute offer on a Nov. 10 sailing for $549 per person stops in St. Croix, Grenada and St. Thomas.
- Oceania: Known for its plush service, this line has discounted a Greece, Turkey and Black Sea departure on July 13 to $3949 per person. Cabins feature 700-thread-count linens, marble and granite bathrooms and unlimited bottled water.