Craft Beer Week Begins Nationwide
The Deal Experts here at Travelzoo are more than a little excited to raise a glass and celebrate the start of Craft Beer Week. With more than 1,500 small and independent breweries across the country producing countless varieties of beer, there’s never been a better time to try out a new brew and expand your knowledge of this vibrant industry.
With events in all 50 states, 2011’s Craft Beer Week offers adventurous drinkers many opportunities to sample local ales. Click here for a full list of events, or see below for a list of some of our favorite local breweries hosting events (and hotels nearby for when the party’s over.)
- Half Acre: Will be hosting brewery tours and has a listing of several other local events on its blog
- Revolution Brewery: The closing party for Chicago’s Craft Beer Week will be at the brewery in Logan Square
- Last-minute hotels in Chicago start at 25% off during this week.
New York City
Seattle & Portland
- Georgetown Brewing Company: Great beers made by a couple of Seattle natives. Call ahead for brewery tours because space fills up fast.
- Rogue Distillery and Public House: Practically an institution in Oregon due to its numerous locations and popularity, tours, food and beer samples are available in Portland as well as at other outposts
- West Coast hotel rates have been cut by 25%