Experience the City by the Bay with amazing restaurants, fun activities and a quick jaunt to Wine Country at 25-55% off. We recommend checking the itinerary below and locking in savings before you even pack a bag. Buy these deals in advance and store them on your Travelzoo mobile app for quick and easy redemption.
Day 1: SF Waterfront
- Start your trip aboard a bay cruise ($15, reg. $28) as views of the skyline, Palace of Fine Arts and Alcatraz welcome you to the city.
- Grab picnic fixins’ and hail a cab to Vie Winery on Treasure Island for waterfront fun with tastings and bocce ball ($45 for four people, reg. $100).
- Pedal through one of the most bike-friendly cities in the U.S. and check out the hip Haight-Ashbury neighborhood or scenic Mission Dolores Park ($19, reg. $36).
- Head to dinner for 2 at the award-winning Café Bastille near Union Square for $39, regularly $70. After dinner, explore the area on foot, making stops at Nob Hill and Ghirardelli Square.
- Finally, sit back and relax with smooth jazz at the city’s newest cultural institution SFJAZZ Center – just a 14-minute ride on the light rail from Union Square – with savings of 25% on five upcoming shows.
Day 2: To the Country and Back
- Just an hour's drive away is Sonoma Valley, considered the “birthplace of California winemaking” (Fodor's). Taste wines from more than 30 wineries for $25 for 2 people, regularly $50.
- Since most wineries do not have full-service restaurants, head to lunch for 2 in the nearby AAA 4-Diamond Fairmont Sonoma Inn & Spa ($32, reg. $68).
- If you're in Wine Country May 30 - June 1, save up to $80 on tickets to BottleRock, a music, food and wine festival showcasing Outkast, the Cure, Matisyahu, Weezer and the Fray.
- Back in the city, make time to unwind with a massage at the luxe InterContinental ($80, reg. $120) and gaze at the city from its rooftop terrace.
- Wrap up your weekend with a leisurely dinner for two and bottle of wine at Stock in Trade ($49, reg. $91) on Lombard Street, where you can take advantage of one last photo opp.
Traveling with kids? Ninety-nine percent of Travelzoo subscribers approve of Bay Area Discovery Center in Sausalito, calling it the “ultimate indoor-outdoor interactive kids’ adventure.” Save more than 50% on tickets for two people ($10, regularly $22).
Travelzoo Tip: Extend your stay in Monterey Bay, a beautiful destination that is a two-hour drive from the city. Spot blue and humpback whales, relax at a AAA 4-Diamond hotel spa and kick back at a craft brewery, all for up to 60% off.