The SFJAZZ Center, labeled “one of the most perfect performance spaces ever” by the San Francisco Chronicle, presents a diverse lineup of upcoming shows, and Travelzoo subscribers can save 25% on tickets.
Balcony, Terrace and Floor seats are $18.75-$48.75 (reg. $25-$65) for the following shows:
- Regina Carter: Southern Comfort ... Thursday, May 1, or Friday, May 2, at 7:30 p.m.
Carter, a violinist and SFJAZZ's resident artistic director, celebrates music that infused her early childhood.
- The Bad Plus Performing the Rite of Spring ... Sunday, May 11, at 7 p.m.
This trio draws jazz fans and rock aficionados alike, rising to fame by transforming pop and rock anthems like Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man,” Blondie’s “Heart of Glass” and Queen’s “We Are the Champions.”
- Miguel Zenon Quartet: Esta Plena ... Friday, May 23, at 7:30 p.m.
Zenón’s quartet welcomes a percussion master and focuses on a fusion of jazz and Puerto Rican folk music.
- Marc Ribot with Henry Grimes and Chad Taylor ... Sunday, June 1, at 7 p.m.
The maverick guitarist brings his expressive jazz trio to the SFJAZZ Center and welcomes bass legend Henry Grimes and drummer Chad Taylor.
- Jason Moran with Imani Winds ... Thursday, June 5, at 7:30 p.m.
Pianist and composer Moran collaborates with Grammy-nominated ensemble Imani Winds to blend jazz and classical music.
Opened just last year, The New York Times says the SFJAZZ Center is "a glimpse of the future. This long-awaited enterprise is off to a bang-up start." The San Francisco Chronicle says the center is “the principle venue for the art form in the Civic Center Area,” and the JazzTimes calls the building "breathtaking, a human-scale glass box that sweeps you in off the sidewalk. Jazz has an enviable new home in San Francisco."