- This Policy explains the privacy practices of Travelzoo Inc., Travelzoo (Canada) Inc., Travelzoo (Europe) Ltd. and its family of related companies and licensees (collectively, "Travelzoo") and applies to your use of Travelzoo's products and services, including your use of this website and the Travelzoo websites that link to this policy (collectively, the "Services"). For more information on our Services, click here.
- This Policy covers how Travelzoo treats the personal information we collect and receive toas a result of your use of our Services and this website.
- When we refer to "personal information", what we mean is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, or phone number, and any other information that may be linked to you.
- This Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that Travelzoo does not own, control, employ or manage, except where incorporated by reference within licensing or other contractual arrangements with third parties. Travelzoo websites may contain links to independent third party websites that are not operated by our service providers. This Policy does not apply to the privacy practices of those independent third party websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of the applicable third party sites before providing any personal information to them.
- Minors – You must be at least 18 years old to register or subscribe for Travelzoo's Services because Travelzoo is available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
- Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is based on the principle of informed consent. Although in some cases we will seek your express consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information or provide a means to opt out of providing your personal information if you do not consent, by accessing or using this website or by providing the requested information, you agree that your personal information may be collected, use and disclosed as described in this policy.
- Travelzoo may collect personal information about you when you visit and use our websites, when you register or subscribe for and sign in to our Services, when you open our e-mail newsletters or use Travelzoo software widgets, when you visit the websites of some Travelzoo partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes sponsored by or in connection with Travelzoo. For more information on Promotions, click here.
- Travelzoo may combine the information that we collect about you with information that we obtain from business partners or other sources.
- When you subscribe to or use our Services, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, credit card information, mailing address (including country of residence), e-mail address, telephone number, Instant Messaging address, birth year, gender, preferred airport, occupation, and other personal interests. In addition, when you subscribe to or use our Services, we collect and store your IP address. Note, you are not anonymous to us when you sign in to our Services. For more information on IP Addresses, click here.
- Travelzoo may collect information about your transactions with us and our business partners through our Services.
- Furthermore, when you use our Services, we receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Travelzoo cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using and the web page(s) you visit.
Sharing and Disclosing Information
- Travelzoo does not rent or sell personal information about you with third parties, however, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the circumstances described below.
- Travelzoo may use and disclose the personal information we collect about you for the purposes described below:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Services;
- To provide personal information, when required by law, in connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations, to comply with legal requirements, orders, or proceedings, to perform credit checks, report or collect debts owed, or to protect the rights or property of Travelzoo, our employees, our subscribers, and our Services;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Travelzoo's Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
- To customize the content and provide targeted advertising for our Services and to improve our Services;
- To contact you with offers by Travelzoo and/or third parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- To conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites and to estimate the total number of Internet users who visit our websites from certain countries or regions of the world;
- When you enter a promotion sponsored or offered in connection with Travelzoo, we may contact you and share your personal information with third parties so that we may administer the promotion, for prize fulfillment, and as otherwise specified in the official rules for the promotion.
- In order to provide our users a seamless experience, some pages on our websites may be hosted by unrelated third partiesparty service providers. For example, much of our Investor Relations section is powered by Shareholder.com. When you sign up for investor-related e-mail alerts, you are actually entering your information directly with Shareholder.com so that theyit can provide the requested service for you on our behalf. Service Providers We may also provide your personal information to other trusted service providers who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from Travelzoo and our marketing partners. All service providers are prohibited from using or disclosing your personal information for any purpose other than for fulfilling the service(s) you request or that they are under contract with us to provide.
- In the event of any sale or other corporate reorganization process affecting our business such as a merger, acquisition, a sale of all, substantially all, or part of our assets, and/or a licensing agreement with third parties, you agree that we may transfer, share, or disclose your personal information to the parties to the transaction and their professional advisors (under a confidentiality obligation) to the extent necessary to complete the transaction and continue to provide Services to you. Any successor or licensee wishing to use or disclose your personal information for new purposes is required to contact you and obtain your consent.
- In order to provide our users a seamless experience, some pages on our websites may be hosted by unrelated third parties. For example, much of our Investor Relations section is powered by Shareholder.com. When you sign up for investor-related e-mail alerts, you are actually entering your information directly with Shareholder.com so that they can provide the requested service for you on our behalf. Service Providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than for fulfilling the service(s) you request.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- Travelzoo may use Web beacons to access Travelzoo cookies in connection with our Services.
- A Web beacon is activated as part of a web page or e-mail and allows us to count visitors to our websites and to recognize users by accessing Travelzoo cookies which help us personalize your experience when you use our Services.
- Travelzoo also uses Web beacons to conduct research on behalf of our partners and for auditing purposes. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with partners from this research. For more information about our use of Web beacons, click here.
Your Account Information and Preferences
- Travelzoo respects your right to control how your personal information is used. Travelzoo may give you the opportunity to request communications from vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers. For more information about these opportunities, to edit your personal information, to unsubscribe from receiving Travelzoo services you previously requested, update your account or to terminate your account, please visit your User Profile. Users can access their account by going to their profile page. If you have any issue accessing your profile page to update or delete your account, please use the feedback form below. We will respond to your request to delete or unsubscribe your account within 30 days.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Travelzoo Services or your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Information about how to opt out of receiving communications to which you are currently subscribed is included in every communication we send to you.
- If you request termination of your Travelzoo account, it is our practice to deactivate your account and block further e-mail deliveries to you in approximately 30 days. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
- Travelzoo takes reasonable security measures to protect your user information under our company's control against loss, misuse, or alteration. For more information on Security at Travelzoo, click here.
- Travelzoo reserves the right to enhance personal information about you with appropriate and legal data that may be obtained to serve you better and present you more relevant information, for example by using Geo-IP maps. In addition, Travelzoo reserves the right to take proactive steps to unsubscribe users for a variety of reasons at Travelzoo's discretion, for example if an e-mail address stops accepting e-mail.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Travelzoo is TRUSTe certified. This certification applies to all English-language sites under the Travelzoo.com domain and may apply to other sites if so indicated by a TRUSTe seal on that site. If you have any questions regarding Travelzoo's membership in TRUSTe, please contact the Travelzoo site coordinator at the address listed below. If you feel that your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact TRUSTe athttp://watchdog.truste.com/pvr.php?page=complaint
Data Transfer and Storage
- Please note that the information Travelzoo collects about you may be stored on servers outside your home country - currently on servers in the United States. If you are visiting our websites from a country other than the United States or your home country, please note that the United States or other countries where we may be hosting servers may not have the same data protection laws as your country or jurisdiction and that your personal information may be subject to access by law enforcement authorities in the jurisdiction in which your personal information is stored. By providing your personal information to Travelzoo, you are consenting to: (i) the use of your personal information for the uses described in this policy; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information to a country outside your home country - currently the United States.
- Travelzoo may update this Policy from time to time. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our websites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting.
Questions/Your Privacy Rights
Travelzoo Inc.LAST UPDATED: March 24, 2011
590 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022