By Travelzoo Staff
The Globe and Mail says "food is serious business"
at The Playpen with Chef Laura Prentice's "impeccable" eclectic fare and "perennially good cooking" where “execution is king” (Dine.TO). For $49, regularly $100, Travelzoo subscribers can have dinner for two at this hot spot in Leslieville that earns a Fit for Foodies Diners' Choice award
and more than four stars from OpenTable users.
Why we love it
- The Globe and Mail calls the continental fare at The Playpen "impeccable"
- Save more than 50% on dinner for 2 or 4 at this Leslieville hot spot
- Includes an appetizer, entree and side per person
- Take a seat in the dining room full of "vintage environs that evoke old Las Vegas" (Zagat)
- It's a two-time OpenTable Diners' Choice award winner
May 09, 2013 - Aug 21, 2013
842 Gerrard St. E
Toronto, ON M4M 1Y7
- Visit any Tuesday-Thursday and select from anything on the menu for a dinner that includes:
- Two appetizers, such as roasted beets with pistachios; seafood hot pot with shrimp, scallops and mussels in a miso broth; or duck prosciutto with tempura goat cheese
- Two entrees, like seared scallops with lobster and double-smoked bacon; filet of beef with feta-scalloped potatoes; or rack of Ontario lamb with dried fruit couscous
- Two sides, such as vegetarian mushroom risotto or Brussels sprout slaw with double-smoked bacon
- Go with a group and save more: Get this same deal for four people for $95, regularly $200.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, May 21, through Aug. 21, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Valid Tuesday-Thursday only. Not valid on Fridays or Saturdays. The restaurant is closed on Sundays and Mondays. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays. An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the full value of the check. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms