By Travelzoo Staff
Yonder in the Horseshoe Valley, an hour from Toronto and near the tranquil shores of Lake Simcoe, lies the Castleview Inn -- a quaint B&B housed on a 163-acre estate that used to be a maple syrup farm. This escape for two is now $79 per night (regularly $155) and includes breakfast and a gourmet farewell gift.
Why we love it
- Drives and hikes along the Georgian Bay offer views that inspired the Group of Seven to paint timeless landscapes. As the seasons change, wintry activities in the area abound, with Lonely Planet calling nearby Wasaga "a cross-country skiing paradise" and Blue Mountain "the best vertical drop in the province." The location is also a good base for an excursion to Casino Rama.
- As the day winds to a close, retire to one of the eight uniquely appointed rooms at the inn, or stay up to partake in the nightly campfire complete with a steaming mug of cocoa, compliments of the house.
432 Line 5 South RR1
Oro-Medonte, ON L0L 2E0
What's included & when
- Nov 30, 2012 - Apr 30, 2013
- Horseshoe Valley escape for 2 at the Castleview Inn minutes from Ontario's top skiing and Lake Simcoe
- $79 per night or $149 for 2 nights for stays through April -- including weekends
- Upgrade to a suite for $10 more per night
- Includes breakfast for 2
- Gourmet farewell gift (reg. $10)
- Hot chocolate for 2 around the nightly campfire (reg. $10)
- The 163-acre estate used to be a maple syrup farm
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 1-866-449-0833 or 705-487-5666 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms