By Travelzoo Staff
This summer, hit the picturesque waters of Upper Red Deer River -- one of Alberta's most popular whitewater rafting destinations-- with this deal from Mukwah Tours in Sundre, a 1.5-hour drive from Calgary. For $55 per person (reg. $109), subscribers can go on a 2.5-hour rafting excursion including lunch and a souvenir DVD of photos and videos of the trip-- or, you can pay $20 more for a 4.5-hour trip (reg. $144).
Why we love it
- Upper Red Deer River is one of Alberta's most popular whitewater rafting spots
- Hit the class II-IV rapids with this deal for a 2.5-hour trip for $59, or 50% off
- The excursion is suitable for all levels and includes lunch and souvenir DVD
- Or, pay $20 more for a 4.5-hour full-day trip, reg. $144
May 02, 2013 - Sep 02, 2013
Meeting point will be provided upon making reservation
- Surf and paddle down the river's Class II-IV rapids surrounded by views of the Canadian Rockies. The trip also includes stops for cliff dives-- jump into the cool water if you feel brave enough for a swim.
- Trips meet at Mukwah Base Camp at 10:30 a.m., lunch is served at 11 a.m., and trips embark by 12:30 p.m. This trip is suitable for first-timers as well as seasoned rafters.
- Wetsuit, wetsuit booties, gloves or mitts, lifejacket, paddling jackets/polar fleece and helmet are provided. Bring a towel, bathing suit, change of clothes, cap and outerwear. For more information, including directions and tips on what to pack, click here.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, May 15 (or first date of the 2013 season), through Sept. 2, 2013. Reservations are required; subject to availability. Not valid Saturday. A 14-day cancellation policy applies. Subject to weather conditions and water levels. Children ages 6-11 can raft only when the spring runoff is over (call to confirm); otherwise, must be at least 12 years old. Must present printed voucher for redemption. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms