By Travelzoo Staff
Paddle among porpoises and harbor seals through the tide pools and sea caves of Point Doughty, a park only accessible by boat, with this deal for a guided kayak tour off the coast of Orcas Island. Get on the water during peak summer and fall months with this three-hour trip for $39, regularly $79.
Why we love it
- Paddle through Point Doughty Park's tide pools and sea caves for $39, reg. $79
- You can spot porpoises, harbor seals and eagles on the guided 3-hour trip
- Outer Island Expeditions is rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor
- Or for $75, reg. $159, opt for a full-day tour to Sucia Island
- Sucia Island is considered the "crown jewel" of the state's parks (Washington State Parks)
Apr 24, 2013 - Oct 31, 2013
Outer Island Expeditions
Smuggler's Villa Resort
54 Hunt Road
Eastsound, WA 98245
- Or for $75, regularly $159, go on a full-day kayak tour to the pristine Sucia Island, a top boating destination "considered the crown jewel" of Washington's park system (Washington State Parks). Kayakers will be shuttled to Sucia by boat from Orcas Island and will stop by various wildlife-viewing locations on the way. Once on the island, you'll get a brief lesson and kayak for two to three hours, then stop at a beach for a lunch break (pack a lunch -- it's not included).
- Calm, picturesque Sucia Island is replete with caves, fossil beds and sandstone formations, as well as a wide variety of wildlife like osprey, porpoises, river otters, harbor seals, and occasionally even orca whales.
- The three-hour trips depart twice daily, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.; full-day trips depart at 9 a.m. and return by approximately 3:30 p.m. Both trips leave from Smuggler's Villa Resort on Eastsound.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, April 25, through Oct. 31, 2013. Reservations are required; subject to availability and weather. Valid for both children and adults. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 2 additional may be purchased as gifts. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. A fuel surcharge of up to $4 may apply to full-day trip. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms