By Travelzoo Staff
Go on a back-country adventure this summer with Wild Blue Yonder, a rafting outfitter with 16 years of experience. For $269, 50% off regular rates, leave the city behind for a three-day, two-night camping and rafting excursion along the Kakwa River that includes all rafting equipment, camping gear and meals, snacks and beverages.
Why we love it
- Leave the city behind with this 3-day, 2-night adventure on Kakwa River
- You'll ride Class I-IV rapids for a total of 8-12 hours
- Suitable for all levels; includes all meals and gear
- Makes a great gift for dads and grads
May 24, 2013 - Dec 31, 2014
Wild Blue Yonder
11113 Hoppe Ave.
Grande Cache, AB AB T0E 0Y0
Tel: 780-827-5450 or 1-877-945-3786
- On Day 1, you will be sized for wet suits and given dry bags for personal gear. After packing up, a shuttle departs for the river. Once you arrive at the campsite, set up camp and enjoy a dinner cooked on the beach. Then, sit around the campfire and indulge in freshly-baked brownies. You may bring a reasonable amount of personal beverages in non-breakable containers (these can only be consumed once all river activities are done for the day).
- Wake up to a breakfast spread of fruit, granola, oatmeal, bagels, oranges and hot and cold beverages. Then, pack up gear, load up the boats and float down the river on gentle rapids; the guides will teach you how to handle advanced Class IV sections that are ahead. Take a break for lunch, then tackle high-intensity rapids before stopping along the river to make camp for the night.
- On Day 3, you'll have breakfast -- this time with freshly-baked muffins -- and enjoy a leisurely day of floating down mostly Class I-II rapids. You will be on the river for a total of eight to 12 hours over the weekend, depending on water levels. Trips usually return to the Grand Cache meeting point by 3 or 4 p.m. on the final day.
- This trip is suitable for first-timers as well as seasoned rafters. Call for more information on directions and tips on what to pack.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for select trip dates in the 2013 or 2014 season. This year's dates are: May 24-26; June 1-3; June 14-16; June 28-30; July 5-7; and July 19-21. Call in spring of 2014 for next year's dates. Reservations are required; subject to availability. A 21-day cancellation policy applies; voucher is subject to forfeiture. Subject to weather conditions and water levels. Must be at least 14 years old. Must sign waiver. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms