By Travelzoo Staff
Created in Boston and recently expanded to Toronto and New York -- where it won a 2013 Best Friend Date award from New York Magazine -- Paint Nite offers a "new and colorful twist on a typical night out,"
according to Metro Boston
. For $25, regularly $45, Travelzoo subscribers can flex their creative muscles during a two-hour art party.
Why we love it
- A "colorful twist on a typical night out" (Metro Boston)
- 2-hour events are held at Toronto bars
- Artists guide guests through a different painting each class
- Save $20 on the regular price
Jun 25, 2013 - Sep 18, 2013
- Held at varying bars around Toronto -- including P.J. O'Brien's in St. Lawrence and Bedford Academy in The Annex -- parties are hosted by artists who provide the necessary materials as well as step-by-step instruction for painting cityscapes, beach scenes and colorful landscapes. No previous knowledge is required, so all students need to do is grab their favorite beverage at the bar and pull up a stool. The first class is June 18.
The subject changes every class; use the images on the online calendar
to pick your class.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Wednesday, June 26, through Sept. 18, 2013. Online reservations are required. 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Alcohol is not included in the admission price. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms