By Travelzoo Staff
Every year, millions from around the world flock to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, which The New York Times calls "one of the world's premier cultural institutions." With this exclusive Local Deal for $19, skip the long general admission line and spend the day exploring the Met’s great halls and renowned galleries.
Why we love it
- Skip the line at one of the top art museums in the world
- $19 saves on the regular $25 recommended admission
- Also includes access to all special exhibitions and public tours
- For $35, get the deal for 2; pay $60 for a group of 4
- Current exhibitions include "Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity," "The Path of Nature" and "African Art"
- Visit the Met website for suggested itineraries for half days, families and celebs' favorites
Mar 13, 2013 - Aug 31, 2013
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 5th Ave.
(at 82nd St.)
New York, NY 10028
- Discover current exhibitions like "Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity," which The New York Times says showcases the details of the modern era in "fresh, groundbreaking ways," and "African Art, New York, and the Avant-Garde," a "highly compelling show" (The New York Times).
- From Ancient Egypt's The Temple of Dendur to 20th-century masterpieces, the collections at the Met span 5,000 years of history. Tour these sites or take the Museum Highlights Tour, which Frommer's recommends saying "even some New Yorkers who've spent many hours in the museum could profit from this once-over."
- For $35, get admission for two, or for $60, save more and take a group of four. All deals also include a $10 off coupon per person if you spend $50 or more at The Met Store (see below for locations).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, March 15, through Aug. 31, 2013. Recommended adult admission price is $25. Senior ticket pricing for those 65 and older is available at the Met at a recommended admission price of $17; students are a recommended admission price of $12; and children under 12 are free with an adult. This deal also includes a $10 off coupon (one per person) if you spend $50 or more at The Met Store. The coupon can be redeemed starting Friday, March 15, through Dec. 31, 2013. Coupon should be printed with your voucher and must be presented at the store. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms