By Travelzoo Staff
At a lakeside historic hunting lodge turned character-filled chalet, get the “quintessential Adirondack experience" (per Frommer's) with this half-off deal at Big Moose Inn.
Why we love it
- Wake up to views of the water in a room overlooking the lake
- Guests have unlimited access to the hotel's fleet of canoes and kayaks
- The inn's elegant dining room is helmed by a "creative chef that brings life to his dishes," says Yelp reviewers (closed on Wednesdays)
- With a rambling front porch and cozy, fire-lit common area, the inn offers plenty of spots to unwind after a day outdoors
Big Moose Inn
1510 Big Moose Rd.
Eagle Bay, NY 13331
Tel: (315) 357-2042
What's included & when
- Sunday-Wednesday arrivals through Oct. 16, 2013
- $199 for two nights in a room with lake views
Unlimited canoe and kayak rentals
Literature buffs will be interested to know that the hotel was the site of Chester Gillette's murder of Grace Brown in 1906, which inspired the Theodore Dreiser novel "An American Tragedy."
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 315-357-2042 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Sept. 1, 23, 29; Oct. 6, 13. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms