By Travelzoo Staff
Steal away to Belhurst Castle, which Frommer's calls "one of the most extraordinary places to stay in the Finger Lakes region." This exclusive $169 Travelzoo deal offers a savings of 40% and includes $100 to spend at the on-site spa, either of the castle's two restaurants or the wine and gift shop.
Why we love it
- Set on Seneca Lake, the majestic Old World-style castle dates from the 19th century. Rooms are located in the recent Vinifera Inn addition, with modern amenities complementing peaceful lake views.
- Kick off your stay with an elegant dinner at Edgar’s, where tempting appetizers like blue crab fondue and marinated jumbo shrimp precede hearty mains such as wood-fired pork chops, hand-cut steaks and pasta tossed with feta, vegetables and toasted pine nuts. The more casual Stonecutters offers traditional tavern dishes, drinks to be savored in front of a fireplace and an outside patio overlooking the lake.
- Part of the Seneca Lake Wine Trail, the castle grounds are also home to a lovely vineyard and winery. Sample their award-winning vintages at Edgar's or at the wine and gift shop.
- Also available: Two-night packages are $269 with the $100 credit; arrive Sundays-Wednesdays.
4069 Route 14 South
Geneva, NY 14456
What's included & when
- Feb 24, 2013 - May 30, 2013
- Getaway for 2 to Belhurst Castle, in New York's Finger Lakes region, at 40% off
- $169 for 1 night in a Vinifera Inn room with a Jacuzzi and gas fireplace
- $100 to spend at the spa, on dining, or in the wine and gift shop
- Make it a 2-night stay for $269
- Visit Sundays-Thursdays through May 30
The fine print
Update: March 14, 17, 24-25, 28, 31; April 1, 7, 14-15, 17-18, 21-22, 25, 28-29; May 1-2, 5-9, 12-16, 19-23, 28-30 are no longer available. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 315-781-0201, ext. 2, to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: May 26-27. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms
Photos: Neil Sjoblom