By Travelzoo Staff
Experience one of the top 10 adventure trips in the world (CNN International) with a trip of a lifetime on the Everest base camp trek. This exclusive offer from Earthbound Expeditions -- recommended by Lonely Planet and The New York Times -- would regularly cost $2977 per person.
Why we love it
- Begin in Kathmandu, Nepal, and spend 16 days hiking through pine forests and passing through traditional villages in the Himalayas. On the excursion, climb Kala Patthar (18,190 ft.) for a stunning panoramic view of Everest and other major peaks. Click the itinerary tab for more information on day-to-day activities.
- The tour price also includes hotel accommodations in Kathmandu, three meals a day while trekking, all ground transportation, English-speaking guides throughout, all necessary trekking permits and national park fees, and a Nepalese cultural show and farewell dinner on the last night of the trip.
- For more information, please see Earthbound Expeditions' Frequently Asked Questions page. Travelzoo subscribers can also purchase a voucher for the 12-day Nepal Mountain and Tiger Tour for the exclusive price of $899 per person (reg. $1877). Click here for more information on that tour.
Thamel Bhagawoti Marga
What's included & when
- Feb 12, 2013 - Nov 17, 2013
- Journey for 15 nights/16 days through Nepal for $1399 per person (reg. $2977)
Travel through the homeland of the sherpas and through valleys of the world's highest mountains
- Earthbound Expeditions is recommended by Lonely Planet and The New York Times
- Includes hotel and campsite accommodations, three meals daily while trekking, roundtrip airport transfers and transportation between cities
- Travel March 16, 26; April 10; May 2
- Oct. 2, 13, 18 and Nov. 2 have a $97 surcharge; March 16 and April 10, 2014 have an $87 surcharges – for these dates, you still must purchase the $1399 voucher. The surcharge will be paid upon securing the date.
A 12-day Nepal Mountain and Tiger Tour is available for $899 per person (reg. $1877). Click here for more information.
The fine print
Update: Due to popular demand, Oct. 13 has been added as a departure date for the Everest Base Camp Trek. For the 12-day Nepal Mountain and Tiger Tour, the Sept. 26 and Oct. 12 departures are now sold out.
See all terms
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or to make a booking with your Travelzoo voucher. The Everest Base Camp Trek is valid for the following 2013 departures: March 16, 26; April 10; May 2. Autumn 2013 departures are available on the following dates with a $97 surcharge: Oct. 2, 13, 18; Nov. 2. Spring 2014 departures are available with a $184 surcharge on the following dates: March 16; April 10. The Nepal Mountain and Tiger Tour is valid for the following 2013 departures: March 24; April 19; May 1. Autumn 2013 and spring 2014 departures are also available with a $67 surcharge on the following dates: Sept 10; Nov. 1, 17; Dec 6, 20. The surcharge will be paid directly to Earthbound Expeditions.