By Travelzoo Staff
Indulge in what made Tuscany famous -- its rich wines, historic villas and contributions to fashion -- while saving nearly 60% on the regular package cost. Nestle into Villa la Grotta, a restored mansion overlooking the Chianti countryside, for $119 per night through March or $159 per night April-June, including tax.
Why we love it
- Unwind in a double room (Verrocchio, Cimabue or Pinturicchio room types) and receive these special perks:
- Daily breakfast for two
- Entrance for two to the Il Borro Winery owned by Italian designer Salvatore Ferragamo's family, complete with a wine & oil tasting (held Monday-Friday in the Ferragamo cellar and Saturday-Sunday -- including a Tuscany cheese and ham tasting -- at Villa La Grotta)
- Services of sommelier who explains the wines and winery history
- One 30-minute facial per room
- Guided visit for two to the medieval castle of Laterina, which reportedly inspired the backdrop of Leonardo da Vinci's "Mona Lisa"
- Entrance for two to the showrooms of handbag and accessories designer Giordano Frangipani and of clothing designer J.W. Tabacchi (plus a 10% discount on their collections)
- Save even more by purchasing a five-night getaway for $535 through March or $665 April-June. The tastings, castle visit, facial and showroom visits are valid once per stay. Add on extra nights to this package for $115 per night through March and $140 April-June.
- One additional adult or two children 11 and younger can stay in the room and receive the perks; additional person charges apply and will be collected at the hotel.
- Reachable from the Florence airport in less than an hour as well as the Pisa airport (1.5 hours away), Villa la Grotta also features an outdoor pool and private garden.
Villa la Grotta
Via per Sercognano
S. Giustino Valdarno
Arezzo, Toscana, 52020
Tel: 011 39 055 977 22 99
What's included & when
- Jan 28, 2013 - Jun 30, 2013
- Getaway for 2 to the 4-star Villa la Grotta in Tuscany at nearly 60% off
$119 per night through March (reg. $121) or $159 April-June (reg. $188)
Daily breakfast for 2 (reg. $38)
Wine tastings for 2 at Salvatore Ferragamo's Il Borro Winery (reg. $67)
Guided visit for 2 to Laterina castle (reg. $13)
One 30-minute facial (reg. $47)
Purchase multiple vouchers to stay 1-4 nights; a 5-night package is $535 (through March) or $665 (April-June)
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 011 39 055 977 22 99 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms