By Travelzoo Staff
Nestled in the shelter of towering redwoods, the peaceful Applewood Inn was named one of the West's Best Small Inns by Sunset Magazine. Travelzoo has negotiated an exclusive $295 deal for two that shaves more than 50% off a package that includes a five-course dinner, breakfast, wine, a spa credit and more.
Why we love it
- Upon check-in, sip sparkling wine or mulled vin brule and snack on biscotti before tucking into a Junior Suite at the retreat "ideally suited for the wine country" (Conde Nast Traveler). These rooms measure more than 500 square feet with fireplaces, and many offer a spa tub, two-person shower, and a private patio or balcony.
- Dine at the Restaurant at Applewood -- which earned a Michelin star for the second consecutive year in 2012 -- in the "barn-like dining room, complete with a vaulted and beamed ceiling and a soaring stone fireplace" (Michelin Guide). Enjoy California cuisine "interpreted with French techniques and Italian accents" with a five-course chef's tasting menu, which can feature dishes like pan-seared diver scallops and a cocoa-nib-crusted rack of lamb.
- Relax with a $75 spa credit toward a 60-minute couples massage (regularly $200) and the "wine passport," offering tastings for two to as many as 25 local wineries.
- Also available: Make it a two-night stay for $475 (arrive Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday) or $575 (arrive Thursday-Saturday) with the above extras.
- About the location: The inn is one mile from downtown Guerneville and close to several wineries in Sonoma's Russian River Valley region, nominated for Wine Region of the Year 2011 by Wine Enthusiast. It is about a 1.5-hour drive from San Francisco.
13555 Highway 116
Guerneville, CA 95446
Tel: (800) 555-8509
What's included & when
- Jan 11, 2013 - May 16, 2013
- Luxe Sonoma retreat for 2 at the Applewood Inn for more than 50% off
- $295 1 night stay in a junior suite with a fireplace (reg. $375)
- Includes a 5-course chef's tasting menu dinner for 2 at the Restaurant at Applewood, awarded a 2012 Michelin star (reg. $150)
- 2 glasses of sparkling wine or vin brule and biscotti upon arrival (3-6 p.m.)
- Wine passport with tastings for 2 at up to 25 wineries (reg. $75)
- $75 spa credit toward a 60-minute couples massage
- Daily hot breakfast
- Arrive Sunday, Wednesday or Thursday through May 18
- 2-night packages with the above extras: $475 for Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday arrivals or $575 for Thursday, Friday or Saturday arrivals
The fine print
Update: Due to popular demand, the lead offer is no longer available on Feb. 10, 15-17, 21; May 2-4. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-555-8509 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Jan. 19-21; Feb. 14-17; March 1-3, 8-10; April 1; May 12. The Restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. This deal does not include Room 16. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms