By Travelzoo Staff
Walk in the footsteps of Bogart and Bacall at the glamorous Balboa Bay Club & Resort in Newport Beach. Originally opened in 1948 as a private beach club, the now AAA 4-Diamond resort "retains late '40s charm but with many modern day amenities" (Frommer's).
Why we love it
- Nab this exclusive Travelzoo deal -- knocking nearly 60% off regular rates -- to visit ritzy Orange County in Southern California any day Jan. 20 - May 13, including weekends.
- Retreat to a 500-square-foot upgraded guest room touting a "beachy decor of rattan furniture, plantation shutters and tropical-pattern drapes" (Fodor's). Sip the included bottle of wine and look out into the landscaped courtyard and pool area from your private veranda.
- The hotel is ideally situated bayfront on Newport Harbor, making it the perfect spot to explore the waterways and Balboa Island on an electric Duffy Boat. This deal includes an hour’s boat ride.
- The 15-acre property also boasts the aptly named First Cabin restaurant, reminiscent of a cruise ship, and Duke's Place, a bar named after former club member John Wayne.
Balboa Bay Resort
1221 West Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663
What's included & when
- Jan 14, 2013 - May 13, 2013
- AAA 4-Diamond Newport Beach getaway for 2 at the harbourfront Balboa Bay Club & Resort
- $199 per night in an upgraded room overlooking the courtyard (reg. $339)
- A bottle of wine delivered to your room (reg. $28)
- Cruise the harbor with a 1-hour electric Duffy Boat rental (reg. $95)
- Travel Jan. 20 - May 13, including weekends
Make it a spa day with a customizable massage, amenity access and a glass of wine for $85 per person
, regularly $160.
The fine print
Update: Due to the popularity of this deal March 2-4 are now sold out. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 949-645-5000 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Feb. 5-7, 17-20; March 7, 19; April 12-13, 17-20, 26-27. A resort fee of $20 per night is not included. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms