Top 20 Highlights from Oct. 19
This week’s Top 20 affords both budget conscious and high-end travellers the opportunity to visits hot spots around North America, and the list includes several celebrity-inspired deals too.
- Make it happen in Manhattan at a recently renovated hotel, starting from just $99, Jan. 2 - Feb. 29. Stay just five blocks from the Empire State Building, and within walking distance to popular Union Square and Chelsea neighbourhoods.
- Santa Monica is home to power-lunching executives and Hollywood celebrities, but you too can live the high life. Nightly stays from Oct. 17 - Dec. 28 at the 4-star Loews hotel cost $199 (regularly $379), including poolside lunch for two.
- Next, make your way up to Malibu along the scenic Pacific Coast Highway. Partake in a weeklong wellness retreat at The Biggest Loser Resort, featured on the hit television show. The weeklong regimen includes accommodations, all meals and snacks, daily workouts with fitness trainers, health seminars and more.
- After whipping the mind and body into shape, indulge and engage your inner oenophile in Wine Country. Guests can imbibe and unwind at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, one of Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Destination Spa Resorts at half price. Arrivals through Feb. 17 cost US$169-$209, including a host of extras.
- California is also a kid-friendly destination. Take the little ones to meet Mickey and the gang over at Disneyland, where nightly stays in a seaside-themed hotel cost US$175, over select dates from Nov. 1 - Dec. 24.
Here at home, there’s an opportunity to live the bi-coastal lifestyle.
- Scope out the scene in Toronto from the comforts of a 4-Diamond hotel, whose location affords access the city’s shopping and gastronomical treasures. Nightly stays cost just $119, including over Christmas and Boxing Day, making it a plausible escape option for the in-laws.
- Spend a fun filled evening in Niagara Falls, where visitors can soak up savings at a hotel with an on-site water-park. Rooms are priced from $139 and include 4 two-day passes.
- Spend some time in British Columbia's scenery-laden capital from the comfort of an elegant 4-star waterfront resort. Travellers to Victoria pay just $89 per night from Nov. 1 - Feb. 2.
- Homegrown entertainer and screen legend William Shatner beams into several cities across Canada this fall. Catch “How Time Flies: An Evening with William Shatner” starting from $26.
- Additionally, the world-famous Just For Laughs festival takes their act on the road across 19 cities. Tickets for the first-ever “British Edition” of the Capital One Just For Laughs Comedy Tour are priced from $21, per person. Steve Patterson, host of the CBC Radio and TV show "The Debaters," will host the event and introduce top comedy stars from across the pond.
Michael Duchesne is the Publisher of Canada's Top 20 list.