Top 20 Highlights from May 2
Most of the country managed to elude Mother Nature’s cold touch this past winter, but still, many of us sun-starved individuals are looking ahead to warmer days. While screening offers for this week’s Top 20, the prevailing theme seemed to be deals that either bordered on or included a lot of peak summer dates.
Here are some of the hot deals we found this week.
- $99 -- Halifax Hotel this Summer incl. Weekends, 55% Off: The Delta Halifax sits on Barrington Street, which runs through the heart of downtown. Save as much as 55% on nightly stays May 6 - Sept. 9, including several holiday weekends and during the city's famous Tall Ships Festival.
- $75 & up -- Porter's Summer Fares Slashed by 50% (e/w): Travel through Labour Day to popular Canadian cities including Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Halifax. Or, head south to major metropolises including Boston, Chicago, NYC or even Washington, D.C.
- $129 -- Ottawa Hotel near Parliament Hill w/$50 in Dining: Snag a deal at a hotel steps from Parliament Hill and the Prime Minister’s residence, either on weekends through June 29 or daily from July 2 - Aug. 31. Rub elbows with politicos at the CAA 4-Diamond Capital Dining Room, courtesy of the $50 dining credit included with the package.
- $2847 & up -- Chic Summer Europe River Cruises, Save $1400: Cruise through the heart of the content over select dates June - August, and save at least $1400 booking the air and cruise portion together. These intimate sailings include complimentary upgrade to a room with a French balcony, chef-prepared regional cuisine, wine and beer during dinner, plus sightseeing and shore excursions.
- $318 -- Upstate N.Y. 3-Nt. Theme Park Trip for 4 (Reg. $620)
Summer fun is being served at Darien Lake, just 45 minutes outside of Buffalo. Groups of four can getaway for three nights, including four days admission to the theme park, breakfast daily and one round of mini-golf.
- $199 -- Hawaii: 4-Star Waikiki Oceanview Room (Reg. $319)
Mahalo for this modern and hip Waikiki hotel, that sits less than 800 meters from Waikiki Beach and the upscale shopping district of the Ala Moana Center. Rates usually run upwards of $319 per night, making this Hawaiian hotel a steal through June and Aug. 16 - Dec. 22.
- $15 -- Lake Michigan Cruise on Chicago's Official Tall Ship: Set sail this summer aboard the good ship Windy. The 148-foot schooner was named Chicago's "official flagship" by former Chicago Mayor Richard Daley. Sail the lake on one of more than a half-dozen hourlong or 75-minute cruises.
Michael Duchesne is the Publisher of Canada's Top 20 list.