Top 20 Highlights from May 16
With the Canadian dollar nearly at parity with U.S. greenback, there’s never been a better time to head south of the 49th parallel. Scope out this week’s Top 20 newsletter for deals on upscale travel experiences at a variety of U.S. destinations -- don’t forget your passport!
New York City
- Spend the weekend at a much-hyped Manhattan hotel and live the life of a native New Yorker in Chelsea. Weekend stays at the 4-star Hilton New York Fashion District have been discounted to $179-$219 per night, a savings of 40% compared with nearby hotels. The hotel features a rooftop bar and lounge and is a short stroll from the pedestrian-friendly High Line elevated park.
- And flights to New York City from gateways across Canada are now as much as $200 off regular roundtrip fares.
- Once there, put yourself in the heart of Times Square and take in one of several Tony-nominated plays and musicals, including Disney musical “Newsies” and “The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess.” These offers are as much as 50% off current ticket prices. Billy Joel wasn’t kidding when he told us that the lights are bright on Broadway.
- Sin City is home to experiences both wholesome and salacious, and the gang from Cirque du Soleil certainly meets both criteria. Score tickets to their hottest shows for as much as 50% off regular prices.
- Then kick back on The Strip at a AAA 4-Diamond resort. MGM’s Mirage Las Vegas is known for upscale amenities, including oasislike pools and golden windows that get their color from actual gold. Guests can stay Sundays-Thursdays, May 28 - Aug. 31 for US$79-$99 per night, including buffet breakfast for two.
Palm Beach, Fla.
- This South Florida enclave is home to some of the wealthiest individuals in America -- and famous faces too. Capitalize on a rare opportunity to crash at the AAA 5-Diamond Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach and save close to $200 per night, Sunday-Thursday through September. This deal even includes an upgraded room with a fully furnished balcony overlooking the ocean.
- Retreat to a AAA 5-Diamond resort near Scottsdale for four nights, including roundtrip flights, starting from $388 ($536 including tax) per person -- $400 off piecing this experience together yourself. Arizona’s rich landscape, specifically Mummy and Camelback Mountain, provide the perfect backdrop for lounging by one of the resort's two pools, hot tub, or hitting a world-class golf course nearby.
Michael Duchesne is the Publisher of Canada's Top 20 list.