Prices Drop For Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend
From a 4-star oceanfront resort in Redondo Beach to a spacious and affordable two-bedroom suite near Walt Disney World, travel and entertainment companies have cut prices by as much as 65% for Martin Luther King Jr. weekend. Looking to get away to the States this weekend? There’s something for all regions and budgets.
On the East Coast:
- Located just outside of Burlington, Vermont, The Essex Resort & Spa has cut room rates and is throwing in lift tickets at nearby resorts for Sunday and Monday stays. For $239 per night, guests can take a dip in the pool or get a massage after a day on the slopes.
- Carnegie Hall remains one of the most iconic destinations in Manhattan, and on Monday, the doors open for the start of the Distinguished Concerts International New York's 2011 season. For just $10, hear the U.S. premiere of Welsh composer Karl Jenkins’ "Gloria" as well as the hymn "Stabat Mater."
In the South:
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando – Orange Lake Resort is offering a suite that sleeps as many as eight people at a 55% discount over the weekend. The resort, which is two miles from Walt Disney World and Animal Kingdom, offers free Wi-Fi, a full kitchen and a washer-dryer for $79 per night.
- Those looking for a urban experience can unwind after a day of Dallas sightseeing at the AAA 4-Diamond Adolphus Hotel for $89 per night. This location cannot be beat, Dealey Plaza & The Sixth Floor Museum are within walking distance. This offer is a savings of more than $220 on current rates.
In the Midwest:
- Don’t be dissuaded by the season, Chicago bustles in the winter. From downtown ice skating rinks to free tours of the city, visitors and locals alike stay busy in January. Stays at the Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, close to tourist hot spots Navy Pier and Millennium Park, are now $69 each night.
On the West Coast:
- Weekend discounts in Vegas can be hard to come by, but tickets to Penn & Teller are 40% off. Check out the show The Los Angeles Times calls “the most creative, entertaining, intelligent and ... the single best show in Vegas” at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino.
- Take in the ocean air on King Harbor right outside of Los Angeles at a waterfront resort in Redondo Beach for $109 nightly. The 4-Star Portofino Hotel & Yacht Club, which can go $274 in winter, offers guests prime places for nature watching and complimentary bicycle rentals.