Hotel Rates Dropping in New York City
Early fall is one of the most expensive times to visit New York City
but as September draws to a close, hotels have started slashing rates for late fall and winter travel.
Here are some of my favorite hotel deals for the upcoming season:
For the trendsetter:
- $99, Ace Hotel: Voted one of the trendiest hotels in the city and the world, guests can expect retro decor, perks such as free Wi-Fi and tons of on-site dining options, including a Michelin-rated restaurant.
For creature comforts:
- $169, Affinia Manhattan: Fresh from a $25 million renovation, this hotel is celebrating by offering guests a free upgrade to a huge room with a spacious work alcove, sitting areas with a pull-out sofa bed and iPod dock.
For a Times Square location with perks:
- $239, Hotel Mela: Stay in New York’s most iconic neighborhood and get complimentary Wi-Fi and a free gift bag at check in. This hotel also has a Manager of Desires who tailors your experience with treats like a favorite snack upon arrival, tickets or dinner reservations.
Don’t worry about the cooler temperatures -- the city is still just as lively as ever. Check out the upcoming events:
- October: Find a costume and check out the over-the-top Village Halloween Parade. History buffs can go on behind the scenes tours of some of NYC’s most-famous buildings and sites during Open House New York.
- November: Watch as giant cartoon characters soar above the streets during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and kick off the holiday season at the Rockefeller Center Tree lighting.
- December: Get some holiday shopping done on Fifth Avenue or at one of the many holiday bazaars (my favorite is the collection of upscale booths strewn throughout Bryant Park). Those that don’t mind the crowds can head to Times Square to ring in the New Year.