Check Out Off-Strip Activities in Las Vegas
Vegas is more than just casinos, night clubs and pool parties on The Strip; it’s surrounded by some of the most fascinating attractions and breathtaking natural wonders:
- Just a 25-minute drive from The Strip, Lake Las Vegas encompasses an old-world Italian lakeside village with numerous restaurants and boutiques, as well as a golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus.
- Go hiking or horseback riding at The Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. It’s located on the west side of Las Vegas and receives more than 1.2 million visitors a year.
- Lake Mead is the largest man-made lake in the Western hemisphere, and is a popular spot for boating, fishing and swimming during the warmer months.
- Although Las Vegas is desert terrain, travelers can find skiing and snowboarding on Mount Charleston, less than an hour away.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of Lake Mead, the Mojave Desert, the Hoover Dam, the Colorado River and the West Rim of the Grand Canyon with this deal from Papillon Airways. These four-hour helicopter tours are now $88.50 (regularly $118) per person when booking in pairs.