Broadway is buzzing after the announcement of the 2011 the Tony Award nominations. The past year has played host to a diverse, original and exciting variety of plays and musicals -- all in all, 26 shows received nods. And in a theater season where big name stars are lighting up marquees across Broadway, the acting nominations included everyone from Broadway legend Patty LuPone to the incomparable Al Pacino. And for five of these shows, Travelzoo has discounts of as much as 40%. Here are some of the highlights of the nominations:
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical
- Norbert Leo Butz, "Catch Me If You Can"
- Josh Gad, "The Book of Mormon"
- Joshua Henry, "The Scottsboro Boys"
- Andrew Rannells, "The Book of Mormon"
- Tony Sheldon, "Priscilla Queen of the Desert"
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical
- Sutton Foster, "Anything Goes"
- Beth Leavel, "Baby It's You!"
- Patina Miller, "Sister Act"
- Donna Murphy, "The People in the Picture"
Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical
Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical
- Laura Benanti, "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown"
- Tammy Blanchard, "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"
- Victoria Clark, "Sister Act"
- Nikki M. James, "The Book of Mormon"
- Patti LuPone, "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown"
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play
- Brian Bedford, "The Importance of Being Earnest"
- Bobby Cannavale, "The M-----f----- with the Hat"
- Joe Mantello, "The Normal Heart"
- Al Pacino, "The Merchant of Venice"
- Mark Rylance, "Jerusalem"
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play
- Nina Arianda, "Born Yesterday"
- Frances McDormand, "Good People"
- Lily Rabe, "The Merchant of Venice"
- Vanessa Redgrave, "Driving Miss Daisy"
- Hannah Yelland, "Brief Encounter"
Note: Ticket prices will appear is U.S. dollars when clicking through to the landing pages.