Viva Mexico! Here are five tips to save some pesos and make the most of your next trip to Mexico.
1. While the best overall deal on accommodations usually comes through all-inclusive deals at resorts, for a more authentic experience at mealtime, ask the locals for tips on where to score the best food. When visiting Cancun or the Riviera Maya, head to Playa del Carmen’s Fifth Avenue for the famous fish tacos, sidewalk shops and local restaurants. Headed to Cabo San Lucas? Check out the town of San Jose del Cabo and wander down the cobblestone streets to one of the local restaurants.
2. Save money by shopping in local markets and town squares. Skip the shops in the main tourist areas and negotiate with the locals to get good deals on locally crafted artwork, jewelry and other souvenirs.
3. Get out and explore. Don’t forget to visit Mexico’s famous Mayan ruins -- Tulum, Chichen Itza and others. Or cool off by jumping in Mexico’s famous underwater caves called cenotes.
4. Check out a tequila tour to see how it’s made and sample different kinds.
5. Score the best deals on Mexico vacations from July to September. The temperatures will rise but the crowds will thin out, leaving more room for you to stretch out on the beach or beside the pool. Just don’t forget your sunscreen. If you're worried about bad weather spoiling your trip, here are some tips on travel insurance.
Please go to your email and confirm your subscription.