Make a New Year's resolution to add more luxury to your life in 2013. Conde Nast Traveler just published its annual Gold List of the world's top hotels and resorts. Here is a roundup of Gold List properties offering rare discounts of up to 60% off.
Queen's Landing, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada ... $179 Sundays-Fridays through February; +$40 Saturdays (45% off)
- The mansion near Niagara Falls comes with an upgraded room complete with jetted tub and fireplace, cocktails, wine tastings and valet parking. The hotel is home to the town's only CAA 4-Diamond eatery.
Chatham Bars Inn, Cape Cod, Mass. ... $560 2-night stays per couple Jan. 1 - April 3 (reg. $800)
- Spend two nights in a cozy cabin along the seaside in historic Chatham. This 4-Diamond coastal resort offers an upscale restaurant with ocean views and on-site spa, accompanied by a $50 credit for use towards a day of pampering.
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste ... $1600 per couple for 5-night stay May 22 - July 15 (reg. $2000); surrounding dates Jan.-Feb., April-May and July-Aug. also discounted
- The 5-star resort Frommer's hails as the country's "most luxurious and impressive large-scale" is nestled between two beaches and includes multiple restaurants, a spa, three pools, snorkeling and an 18-hole golf course.
Four Seasons Resort Nevis, British West Indies ... $1035 per couple for 4-night stay (25% off), April 21 - May 31; surrounding dates Jan.-April also discounted
- Find luxury off the beaten path at this 5-star Caribbean resort. Recently renovated, the hotel includes three pools, four restaurants and an upscale spa.
The Hotel Telluride, Colorado ... $229 per night Jan. 3 - April 7 (reg. $369)
- This 4-star hotel was named North America's No. 1 ski resort by Conde Nast Traveler's annual readers' poll and offers free welcome drinks, ski lockers and shuttle service to the gondola.
St Julien Hotel & Spa, Boulder, Colo. ... $219-$229 through April (reg. $289)
- Enjoy sweeping views from this "cozy but chic" 4-Diamond hotel steps from the Pearl Street Mall's boutiques -- which features a top spa and indoor infinity pool.
The Sebastian - Vail, Colorado ... $349-$419 2-night stays per couple Jan. 6 - April 15 (up to 60% off)
- This boutique Vail Village hotel offers car service, ski valet, a heated outdoor pool, hot tubs and three restaurants. This offer includes two welcome drinks and parking.
L'Auberge de Sedona, Arizona ... $385 Jan. 1 - March 7; Nov. 24 - Dec. 22; Summer dates and surrounding March dates are also discounted (25% off)
- Stay in Red Rock Country in an upgraded, creekside cabin featuring a fireplace. This package includes a massage or facial, yoga classes, and breakfast.
Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, Catalina, Ariz. ... $1725 for 3 nights; $2875 for 5-night stays per person through June 15 (up to 35% off)
- Treat yourself to an all-inclusive desert getaway including meals, nonalcoholic drinks, activities such as yoga and photography classes and up to $950 in resort credit. On-site amenities include a three-tiered pool, equestrian center and tennis courts.
Terranea Resort, Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. ... $279-$329 nightly through April (up to 45% off)
- Be surrounded by the Pacific Ocean on three sides at a 5-star resort. Guests enjoy an upgraded oceanview room with private patio or balconies, daily breakfast credit and shuttles within five miles of the sprawling grounds.
Note: Blackout dates apply at individual properties; click through for specific dates.