What The Heck Is Wave Season
What the heck is wave season?
In simple terms, Wave Season is like Black Friday — except three months long, and for cruises.
Wave Season rolls ashore (pun intended) in January and runs until March – conveniently after the holiday buzz has died down and when consumers have extra time to focus on their travel plans for the coming year. As a result, the cruise lines concoct their most aggressive deals at this time to incentivize travelers to get onboard.
Hands down, Wave Season is the best time of the year to book a cruise. With access to many diverse offers, Wave Season enthusiasts (that’s you!) can expect to see not only hot fares, but extra perks such as:
- Onboard credits
- Prepaid gratuities
- Unlimited drinks
- Specialty dining packages
- Shore excursions
Many cruise lines are even giving guests a choice of these amenities, understanding that every traveler’s vacation needs are different. Booking early in Wave Season also allows guests to have first pick of the best cabins.
Although last-minute sailings are typically part of the deal, Wave Season is more designed for people planning their vacations far ahead of time — the rewards are certainly worth the wait.
- $179: Long Weekend Bahamas Cruise from Miami
Depart Dec. 2, 9
- $1249: 7-Night Alaska Cruise incl. a Balcony, Tips, $300 Credit & Unlimited Drinks
Depart May 13; +$100-$300 dates through September
- $569: Mexican Riviera Cruise on Norwegian w/All Drinks
Depart April 10; +$10 April 17
- $2000 Off: 16-Night Antarctica & Patagonia Cruise
Depart Dec. 6; additional dates available
- $1399: 7 Nights through the Mediterranean on a Yacht w/Hotel Stay & Credit
Depart June 25; July 9; Aug. 6, 13, 20; Sept. 17 (prime summer dates)
- $3599: Luxe Tahiti Cruise on a Yacht w/Air, Drinks, Excursions & More
Depart on select August-September dates
- $849: Balcony on World’s Largest Ship w/Tips, Credit & Spa
Depart May 7, 15; +$50-$100 other April-May dates
Join Travelzoo for FREE!
The best travel and local deals delivered to your inbox.