San Francisco Hosts Super Bowl Concerts & Events
Hype for Super Bowl 50 is spreading quickly throughout the Bay Area with broadcast booths popping up, larger-than-life murals being painted on SF’s skyscrapers and the big game buzz running rampant through the streets.
Some plan on vacating the premises (and if you do, here are our top getaway suggestions), but for those who want to stick around, Super Bowl City is a free-to-the-public fan village, hosting dozens of performances, contests, athlete appearances and more. Centered in Justin Herman Plaza on the Embarcadero at the foot of Market Street, Super Bowl City will host some of our favorite free celebratory events, listed below.
Saturday, Jan. 30
- 11 a.m. Super Bowl City Grand Opening
Monday, Feb. 1
- 6 p.m. Free concert by Aloe Blacc
Wednesday, Feb. 3
- 7:30 p.m. Free concert by Matt Nathanson
Thursday, Feb. 4
- 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Puppy Bowl Café at Gott’s Roadside in the Ferry Building (lasts through Feb. 7)
- 7:30 p.m. Free concert by The Band Perry
Friday, Feb. 5
- 8:30 p.m. Free concert by OneRepublic
- 10 p.m. Macy’s Fireworks Show
Saturday, Feb. 6
- 7 p.m. Free concert by Goapele
- 8:15 p.m. Free concert by Alicia Keys
In addition to these high-profile performers and events, Super Bowl City will be stacked with DJs, the San Francisco 49ers Gold Rush cheerleaders, player appearances and photo ops, high school bands, fan contests and more. Click here for the Super Bowl 50 Host Committee’s official entertainment lineup.
Beyond the free goodies, there are endless ticketed events all around the Bay Area, including:
- The NFL Experience at the Moscone Center Jan. 30-Feb. 7, open hours vary ($35 per adult)
- Pepsi Super Friday Night with Pharrell Williams at Pier 70 on Friday, Feb. 5 ($75 per ticket)
Or if you’re just on the prowl for celebrities, check out this SFGate post on who to check out and where to be.
Travelzoo Tip: Some of the ticketed musical events take place outside so wanderers can stroll around the venue to enjoy the sounds of performers, such as Metallica and Cage the Elephant at AT&T Park (Saturday, Feb. 6).
Join Travelzoo for FREE!
The best travel and local deals delivered to your inbox.