Packing List: Road Trip
5 Things You Won’t Want to Forget for a Road Trip
1. A worthy vehicle: A car that’s gotten a recent tuneup is a must. Be sure the brake fluids, oil, coolant, wiper fluids and so on are all set.
2. A spare and then some: In case of emergency, pack jumper cables, spare tire, jack, lug wrench – and someone who knows what to do with all four. Or, just in case, your AAA membership card.
3. Tunes: A peppy playlist with a beat helps the time pass and keep the driver awake. Another alternative we like is playing a podcast (Serial is still our fave) or a standup station on Pandora or Spotify.
4. Map: Yep, the old-fashioned kind. Cell service may prove to be spotty along your route and your phone may meet an untimely end, and it’s better safe than sorry on the open road.
5. Good company: You’re going to be trapped with them in the car for hours. This is essential.
Complete Packing List for a Road Trip
Car & Technology:
- Driver’s license
- Insurance card
- Jumper cables
- Spare tire
- Lug wrench
- Car charger for phones
- In-car entertainment: Mad Libs, pre-prepared playlists, downloaded podcasts
- Stamps (for postcards along the way)
- Cash for tolls
- First aid kit
- Crumb-free snacks
- Protein bars
- Bottled water
- Wet wipes
- Plastic bags for trash
- Paper towels
- Dramamine for carsickness
- Eyeglasses and eye drops (for driving at night)