Packing List: Caribbean Cruise
5 Things You Won’t Want to Forget for a Caribbean Cruise
1. Dress code-appropriate clothes: Certain restaurants or events may require formal wear; others may not allow flip-flops, sleeveless shirt for men or shorts. Consult your cruise itinerary for specifics.
2. Day bag: Bring an extra tote or collapsible bag along, not only for your day trip excursions, but also for trips to the pool deck.
3. Anti-nausea medication: Combat sea sickness with non-drowsy motion sickness medication or Sea-Band wristbands for a great natural alternative.
4. A sweater: Sure, you’re in the Caribbean, but the ship will get breezier at night than you’d think.
5. Sanitizing wipes: Just be sure not to flush them down the cruise ship toilets.
Complete Packing List for a Caribbean Cruise
Clothing & Accessories
Be sure to pack multiple swimsuits and coverups, as no one likes to put on yesterday’s damp clothes. Hats are essential. Check your itinerary to know whether formal clothing is required. Bring workout clothes if you want to take advantage of the on-board gym. And don’t forget warmer clothes and scarves for layering, as cruise ships can be breezy at night and inside. Generally speaking, though, the beachier and brighter your clothes, the better.
- Hanging toiletry bag with 3-ounce bottles filled with shampoo, conditioner, body wash and face wash
- Non-drowsy motion sickness medication or SeaBands
- Small first-aid kit, especially Band-Aids
- Glasses, contact solution, case and extra pairs
- Toothbrush and small tube of toothpaste
- Dental floss
- Small container of shaving cream
- Sanitary products
- Wrinkle releaser spray
- Brush or comb
- Detangler for your hair
- Hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes
- Stain remover
- Nail file
- Travel alarm clock and watch
- Phone charger
- eReader or tablet with chargers
- Camera with charger
- Night light or flashlight for in your cabin
- Health insurance card
- Credit and debit cards
- Copies of your itinerary
- Emergency list of contact numbers for your credit card company and airline
- Multiple sizes of zip-top bags
- Costume jewelry (don’t bring the fancy stuff)
- Reusable water bottle with filter
- Books or magazines
- Tote or foldable day bag
- Water shoes
- Snorkel gear if you have your own