Packing List: Camping
5 Things You Won’t Want to Forget When Camping
1. Pre-prepped food: Plan what you will eat for each meal and do as much of the prep work as you can at home. Don’t forget the utensils and condiments you’ll need along the way.
2. A dust pan with brush: After one camping experience sleeping atop a tent floor covered with wet sand, we’ll never forget this again.
3. Marshmallow, chocolate and graham crackers: If you don’t know why you should bring these three things, maybe you should rethink camping.
4. Emergency supplies: Compass, flare, signaling mirror, survival whistle, two-way radio, GPS receiver — anything that’ll come in handy if you run into problems or get lost.
5. A “watcher”: Before you leave, be sure you have someone tracking your travels. Be sure they know your plans, ETA at stopping points, cell number, license plate info and more. Again: Better safe than sorry when it comes to the Great Outdoors.
Complete Packing List for Camping
Tent & More:
- Tent & all supplies (don’t forget the stakes)
- Ground tarp
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow (inflatable works well and saves space)
- Hammer to pound the stakes in for the tent
- Extra batteries
- Lighter/waterproof matches
- Duct tape
Food & Drinks:
- Your pre-planned and pre-prepped meals
- Water jugs
- Canteen or resusable water bottle
- Camp stove & fuel
- Can opener
- Bowls, plates, cups as needed
- Pots/pans for cooking
- Biodegradable soap
- Aluminum foil
Clothing & Misc.:
- Emergency contact information
- Resealable plastic bags
- Trash bag
- Swimsuit in plastic bag (to keep dry)
- Layers, including sleepwear and rainwear
- First aid kit
- Prescription medication
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Insect repellant
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper