Leap Year Airfare Sales
Update, March 1: Many of these offers have sold out because they were one-day sales or because there was limited availability.
This Leap Year, we’ve seen many airlines put competitive rates in the market for short sales. Our Deal Experts got up early to sort through and test book all of today’s sales to find the best of the best deals. Remember, availability is limited and deals could end earlier than expected.
Frontier Airlines: Appropriately, their Leap Year sale has a few each-way fares at $29, for travel between San Francisco and Las Vegas. Additional fares in the sale range from $39-$89 each way. This sale ends Monday.
- Travel dates: Most routes are discounted for travel April 5 – May 24
- Destinations include Orlando, Chicago, Miami and Denver
- Booking note: To get these fares, use the drop down menu Sale Name on the middle of the screen on the right-hand side to filter to Leap Sale.
Air Canada: Our Deal Experts have found the lowest rates for travel to Toronto, for $233 roundtrip from Washington, D.C., and $236 from Chicago. There are other less aggressive rates in this sale, but it’s from origin cities across the country. This sale ends Monday.
- Travel dates: April 4 – June 22 and Sept. 6 – Dec. 15
Sun Country: In their Leap Year sale, Cancun and the Caribbean fares have been discounted from Fort Myers, Dallas and Minneapolis. These are best-in-market fares.
- Travel dates: Discounted fares vary by route, April 12 – Oct. 1
- Sale ends March 13
Icelandair: We’re seeing competitive rates to Paris, for less than $600 roundtrip into spring.
Air New Zealand: With leap year coming around once every four years, the carrier has seized the opportunity to discount all cabins on all its routes from the U.S. by $300 to some of the lowest prices we’ve seen in years.
- Use promo code LEAP300 and take $300 off any flight for travel March 20 – June 30
- The best fare is Los Angeles nonstop to Auckland for $796 roundtrip, including taxes — depart Mondays-Thursdays April 1-27, return April 17-30 (Fridays-Sundays are +$50 each way)
- Australia, London and Cook Islands fares are also discounted from Los Angeles
Singapore Airlines: In a sale ending Wednesday, 5-star Singapore Airlines is discounting all of its nonstop routes to $599 roundtrip, including tax. These are some of the lowest fares we’ve seen in years for these routes.
Travel select dates March 1 – June 30 or Sept. 1 – Nov. 30 on the following routes, all priced at $599:
- Los Angeles-Tokyo (best availability is in April)
- New York City-Frankfurt
- San Francisco-Seoul
Our Deal Experts have found these noteworthy rates to some of our most-searched destinations:
- Puerto Rico: less than $250 roundtrip incl. tax from 10 East Coast cities
- Hong Kong: less than $700 roundtrip incl. tax from 10 cities
- Additional China destinations: less than $600 roundtrip incl. tax from 12 cities