10 Reasons Why the Delano Is the Place to See-And-Be-Seen on South Beach
Miami locals and hoteliers cannot deny that the Delano is the trailblazer of everything grand and groovy in South Beach. This property on bustling Collins Avenue is revered by celebrities and fashionistas alike — and it throws the most impressive pool parties.
Here are 10 reasons why the Delano is the best see-and-be-seen destination on South Beach.
1. You are greeted by a spacious lobby with cascading, floor-to-ceiling white curtains that force you to work a strut down the hallway.
2. Fodor’s considers the Delano — styled by famed French designer Philippe Starck — a “powerhouse that continues to define the paradigm of South Beach décor and glamour.”
3. The palm tree-lined infinity pool hosts the area’s most happening parties — South Beach Magazine calls it one of the 10 best pool parties in Miami.
4. No activity goes unnoticed in the whimsical backyard, where you can swing in a hammock or defend your pieces on the oversized chessboard.
5. Ocean views from the peaceful Loft Suite make the vibrant buzz of South Beach seem distant.
6. But if you want to stay close to the action and in tropical fashion, the Poolside Bungalows are the way to go.
7. Enjoy a side-by-side sunset massage with your significant other at the oceanview penthouse spa solarium by Agua Spa.
8. Find creative cuisine at Leynia Restaurant, which takes you on a culinary journey to Argentina and Tokyo, including tableside food and drink presentations served from roaming bicycles.
9. And if you are into craft cocktails and people watching, you’ll find the perfect perch at Rose Bar.
10. In true South Beach fashion, Delano offers beach activities — like sunrise yoga and building sand castles — that will leave you wondering why you haven’t visited this oasis before.
Join Travelzoo for FREE!
The best travel and local deals delivered to your inbox.