10 Reasons This Fairmont Chateau Is the Stuff of Dreams
There are few places in North America that feel as authentically European as Banff National Park. Like a Swiss Alps transplant, Banff offers an unparalleled setting of snow-capped peaks, rolling green hills and a lake so blue you’ll be left wondering “how?”
Guests of the Fairmont’s lakeside property in Banff have a front-row seat to this natural wonder, and to make it even more fit for a fairytale, it’s a chateau.
Here are 10 reasons why the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is the most magical place to stay in Canada.
1. Glacier water feeds into Lake Louise, giving it a turquoise effect that rivals the Caribbean Ocean.
2. CNN lists Lake Louise among the most beautiful ice skating rinks in the world, and in true Fairmont fashion, the hotel makes it even more special by building a castle made of ice.
3. Award-winning naturalists guide guests of all skill levels through the Canadian Rockies as part of the hotel’s time-honored Mountain Heritage Program.
4. Upon entering the chateau, you’ll be greeted by the grand dame of lobbies.
5. The suites here make upgrading a no-brainer: This view is worth every penny.
6. The standard rooms don’t disappoint, either. With the Rocky Mountains surrounding the property, you’ll welcome mountain views each morning.
7. The Lake Louise Ski Resort is the largest ski area in North America, and the world-class trails set the backdrop for the hotel. Being in such close proximity to the ski resort, the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service for guests.
8. Banff isn’t just a winter destination. The UNESCO National Park is a playground for alpinists and nature lovers: Picture these views after an afternoon hike.
9. Its culinary team prides itself on offering matchless dining experiences and menus representing their Western Canadian roots — the outdoor chef demos check off both boxes.
10. The hotel boasts stunning views from every room, but to observe some of the best scenery, head to the aptly named Lakeview Lodge.