By Travelzoo Staff
Dine at French restaurant Absynthe on the Gold Coast and pay just $99 for a 10-course degustation menu for two, normally worth $370. This fine dining restaurant is headed by Meyjitte Boughenout, who has previously worked at renowned restaurants around the world, like Michelin-starred Scholteshos in Belgium, and Singapore’s Salut Restaurant and Wine Bar.
Why we love it
- Located in Surfers Paradise, fine dining restaurant Absynthe is offering a 10-course degustation menu for just $99 for two people
- A saving of 73% off the regular cost, this menu features elements of molecular gastronomy and creative fusions of flavour
- Dishes include ‘Earth & Sea’, with scallop, popcorn and passionfruit and ‘Heavenly Sweet’, a dessert of chilled strawberry soup, yoghurt ice cream and wasabi pearls
- Head chef Meyjitte Boughenout has worked at renowned restaurants around the world, including Salut Restaurant and Wine Bar in Singapore and Scholteshos in Belgium, which gained two Michelin stars under his direction
- Upgrade to include matched wines for just $125 for two
- Valid for dinner from Tuesday to Saturday
Aug 05, 2013 - Nov 06, 2013
Surfers Paradise Boulevard
Tel: (07) 5504 6466
- Pay just $125 extra to include matched wines for two, regularly valued at $450.
- Absynthe is located in Surfers Paradise and features a stylish interior and a cocktail lounge. The degustation menu combines elements of molecular gastronomy and a fusion of French-inspired cuisine with locally sourced produce.
- Receive the following menu:
- -Bite Me: Egg and vinegar pearls
- -The Earth: Baby beetroot, blue cheese foam, tangelo gel and candied peanuts
- -Cured venison and eggplant
- -Earth & Sea: Scallop, popcorn and passionfruit
- -The Ocean: Slow poached New Zealand king salmon, parmesan custard and black olives
- -The Pasture: Poached free range chicken, green cabbage, chocolate and liquid green olive
- -The Dairy: Tomato seeds, vanilla and cheddar froth
- -The Garden: Tomato pippette
- -Heavenly Sweet: Chilled strawberry soup, yoghurt ice cream, wasabi pearls
- -Apple textures
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for dinner from Tuesday to Saturday until 6 November, 2013. Bookings are essential, are subject to availability and should be made by 23 October. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: Public holidays. Maximum three vouchers per table. You can buy multiple vouchers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Smart casual dress code applies. Not valid for children.