By Travelzoo Staff
Enjoy fine dining at Absynthe on the Gold Coast and pay just $89 for two people. This exclusive offer allows you to choose anything from the menu to the value of $230.
Why we love it
- Dine at Absynthe in the heart of Surfers Paradise for just $89 for two people
- This fine dining French restaurant is headed by chef Meyjitte Boughenout, who has previously worked at Michelin-starred Restaurant Scholteshos in Belgium
- Choose anything from the menu to the value of $230
- Highlights include wild north Queensland barramundi, venison with African eggplant and Tahitian vanilla crème brûlée
- Alternatively, opt for the signature 10-course degustation menu for just $109 for two
- The degustation menu features molecular gastronomy for a unique dining experience
- Absynthe is styled on sleek, modern lines and has a cocktail bar and lounge
- Valid for dinner from Tuesday to Saturday
Jan 18, 2013 - Apr 18, 2013
Surfers Paradise Boulevard
Surfers Paradise, 4217
Tel: (07) 5504 6466
- Alternatively, for just $109 for two, opt for the restaurant’s signature 10-course degustation menu.
- Absynthe is ideally located in the centre of Surfers Paradise. It is headed by chef Meyjitte Boughenout who lists several renowned restaurants on his resume, including Michelin-Starred Restaurant Scholteshos in Belgium, Salut Restaurant and Wine Bar in Singapore and Franklin Manor in Tasmania.
- The French-inspired menu features molecular gastronomy for a unique dining experience, while the sleek interior, stylish cocktail lounge and attentive service will guarantee a memorable night.
- Below are just some of the dishes on the menu:
- -Venison, African eggplant, mushroom, raspberry and chocolate
- -Egg and beef jerky
- -Tuna, lemon fennel and pebble-stones
- -Gladstone gold band snapper, spinach seeds, turnip and parsley crust
- -Wild north Queensland barramundi, broccoli buds, Swiss brown, parmesan and pumpkin
- -150-day grain fed Black Angus beef, Russian kale, thyme and chilli
- -Strawberry soufflé, strawberry and vodka marmalade, yoghurt and honey ice cream
- -Chocolate amour
- -Tahitian vanilla crème brûlée
- 10-course degustation menu:
- -Bite Me: Egg and vinegar pearls
- -The Earth: Baby beetroot, blue cheese foam, tangelo gel and candied peanuts
- -Cured venison and eggplant
- -Earth & Sea: Scallop, popcorn and passionfruit
- -The Ocean: Slow poached New Zealand king salmon, parmesan custard and black olives
- -The Pasture: Poached free range chicken, green cabbage, chocolate and liquid green olive
- -The Dairy: Tomato seeds, vanilla and cheddar froth
- -The Garden: Tomato pippette
- -Heavenly sweet: Chilled strawberry soup, yoghurt ice cream, wasabi pearls
- -Apple textures
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for dinner from Tuesday to Saturday, starting immediately until 18 April, 2013. Bookings are essential, subject to availability and should be made by 18 March, 2013. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: 14 February; public holidays. Maximum three vouchers per table. You can buy multiple vouchers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Smart casual dress code applies. Not valid for children.