By Travelzoo Staff
You can start planning a tropical north Queensland vacation as the weather gets warmer with this 6-night package from Travstar for just $999 per person, twin share. This offer includes three nights in Cairns and three nights on Green Island with a range of activities and extras saving you 36% off the cost of self-packaging.
Why we love it
- Travstar is offering a 6-night tropical north Queensland package including stays in Cairns and on Green Island for just $999 per person, twin share
- Save 36% off the cost of packaging this deal yourself
- Stay three nights each at Mercure Cairns Harbourside and Green Island Resort, both of which have won a 2013 TripAdvisor 'Certificate of Excellence'
- A full-day Kuranda train and Skyrail tour is included to see Cairns’ tropical rainforests
- Visit an outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon where you can use the underwater observatory, scuba dive or just relax on the sun deck
- This activity also includes a reef tour in a semi-submersible vessel, nature presentations and a buffet lunch
- The stay at Mercure Cairns Harbourside will include a $50 food and beverage voucher and hourly shuttle services to Cairns CBD
- The stay at Green Island Resort will include return ferry transfers from Cairns, breakfast daily, a glass-bottom boat tour, evening nature walk and sunset drinks
- Children aged 4-14 years can travel for just $530 per child (maximum two children)
What's included & when
- Aug 28, 2013 - Mar 31, 2014
- This offer includes:
- - Three nights’ accommodation at Mercure Cairns Harbourside in an Ocean View Room
- - $50 food and beverage voucher to spend at the hotel
- - Complimentary hourly shuttle to Cairns CBD
- - Kuranda train and Skyrail package
- - Three nights’ accommodation at Green Island Resort in an Island Suite
- - Return ferry transfers to Green Island from Cairns
- - Guided evening nature walk
- - Glass-bottom boat tour
- - Sunset drinks
- - Full-day visit to an outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon with catamaran transfers, activities, buffet lunch and a semi-submersible reef tour
- Both Mercure Cairns Harbourside and Green Island Resort are recipients of a 2013 TripAdvisor 'Certificate of Excellence' which means they have an impressive track record for consistently glowing user reviews.
- As part of your Kuranda train and Skyrail package, you will glide over the rainforest canopy by cableway stopping off at mid-stations for ranger-guided boardwalk tours. After arriving at the quaint forest village of Kuranda, you’ll have time to explore before your journey back by rail which winds through the tropical mountain ranges.
- The Great Barrier Reef adventure takes place in the outer reef, based on a reef activity pontoon. Here, you’ll have the chance to use the underwater observatory, go scuba diving or simply relax on the sundeck. Also, ride in a semi-submersible vessel for a reef tour. Return catamaran transfers and buffet lunch are included.
- Green Island sits above the Great Barrier Reef. It's secluded location, tropical forest landscapes and white sand beaches make it a great destination for those travelling to tropical north Queensland. You’ll be staying at the only resort on the island and will have access to guest activities such as snorkelling, windsurfing, fish-feeding demonstrations and more.
- Children aged 4-14 years can also travel for just $530 per child.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Wednesday 11 September but could sell out earlier. Bookings are essential. Vouchers can be redeemed seven nights a week until 31 March 2014.
The advertised price is valid on a twin share basis and can only be redeemed for bookings of two. Children will be accommodated in existing bedding. Maximum two children per booking. Cairns shuttle service to CBD operates from 10am-10pm daily. All bookings are subject to availability. To ensure you get the dates that you want, please book as soon as possible. All taxes are included. Reservations hold a non-cancellation policy. Vouchers must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. No cash value or cash back. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.
Travelzoo Guarantee: If you are unable to get your preferred dates within seven days of voucher purchase, contact Travelzoo customer service to assist in securing your dates. If no dates are available, you will receive a full refund. In all other circumstances, vouchers are not refundable.