By Travelzoo Staff
With this unique offer from Rottnest Express, you can see magnificent humpback whales as they pass the west coast with their young for $45 per person. Usually worth $77, the whale watching cruise lasts for two hours on board a vessel with both open and covered viewing platforms.
Why we love it
- See the magnificent humpback whales and their young as they’re heading back from the north for $45 per person
- Normally worth $77, the 2-hour whale watching cruise with Rottnest Express departs from Barrack Street in Perth
- This offer is exclusive to Travelzoo subscribers
- You’ll stop off in Fremantle for a few hours on the way back, where you’ll have a chance to explore the city’s famous sites
- The vessel features both covered and open viewing areas and an interpretive whale watching DVD is screened on board
- Alternatively, pay the same price to join the cruise at B Shed in Fremantle
Sep 19, 2013 - Nov 24, 2013
- You’ll depart from Barrack Street in Perth at 8.30am and cruise past Fremantle, before eventually ending up on the open ocean. Out there you’ll spot whales on their return journey from the north.
- On the way home you’ll disembark in Fremantle for the afternoon. The terminal at which you’ll arrive is located a stone’s throw from the city’s famous sites, such as Little Creatures Brewery and the Fremantle Prison.
- You’ll be back in Perth at 6.15pm if you choose to stay in Fremantle, but those who wish to go home earlier can catch a train at own expense.
- Alternatively, you can pay $45 (reg.$67) to join the whale watching cruise at B Shed in Fremantle at 10.15am, in which case you'd get back at 12.30pm.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for departures at 8.30am from Barrack Street and 10.15am from B Shed, Fremantle. Tours operate from Friday to Sunday until 27 September; seven days a week from 28 September to 13 October; and on Wednesdays and from Friday to Sunday from 14 October to 24 November, 2013. Bookings are essential, are subject to availability and should be made as soon as possible and before 24 November. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
You can buy multiple vouchers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Those who don’t want to stop off in Fremantle on the way back, can catch a train home at own expense.