By Travelzoo Staff
Take advantage of this unique offer to enjoy a regional lunch or dinner experience at historical Blue Mountains restaurant Lochiel House when you pay just $49 for two people. A saving of 51%, choose anything from the menu including wines to the value of $100 between two people.
Why we love it
- Enjoy a regional lunch or dinner at historical Lochiel House in the Blue Mountains for just $49 for two people
- A saving of 51%, choose anything from the a la carte menu including wines to the value of $100 between two people
- Changing hands in 2012, the new owners have taken a more casual approach to dining
- Sample rustic dishes made from locally sourced, sustainable produce
- The restaurant is constantly acclaimed on TripAdvisor, Urbanspoon and Eatability, with diners praising the food and the friendly service as well as the charming ambience
- The perfect escape from the cold of winter, Lochiel House is a heritage cottage built in the 1800s that boasts original fireplaces for a cosy dining experience
- Valid for lunch or dinner from Monday to Tuesday and Thursday to Saturday; and dinner reservations on Friday and Saturday nights
Jul 08, 2013 - Oct 30, 2013
1259 Bells Line Of Road
Kurrajong Heights, 2758
Tel: 02 4567 7754
- The perfect escape from the cold of winter, the restaurant features original fireplaces and rustic settings to make for a cosy ambience. It also boasts an organic garden and all dishes served are made from locally grown and sustainable produce.
- The current a la carte menu includes:
- -Cauliflower cheese soufflé
- -Tea smoked salmon, green beans, anchovy mayonnaise, quail egg and garden greens
- -Local pine mushrooms, brioche, herb oil and duck hearts and egg
- -Charcuterie board, breads and garnish
- -Butternut soup, chestnut butter, bush pepper crème fraiche and capsicum puree
- -Nose to tail pork: belly, trotter croquettes, tail and potato hash, tete de cochon with carrots four ways, apple puree and crackling
- -Assiette of lamb: dauphinoise potatoes, onion puree, mint gel and onion rings
- -Wild kingfish: braised chicken wings, Jerusalem artichoke puree, kale chips, fondant potatoes, Lyonnaise aioli, caper shallot salad
- -Beef three ways: beef cheek cottage pie, hanger steak, bone marrow, spinach puree and sprouts
- -Gnocchi: chestnut puree, Swiss brown, wood ear, enoki, oyster and pine mushrooms, egg yolk
- -Lemon and meringue: cheesecake, lemon curd, lemon verbena ice cream
- -Milk and honey panna cotta, honey sorbet, cinnamon crumb and bee pollen
- -Chocolate: zokoko chocolate fondant, dehydrated chocolate mousse, milk sorbet, cherry gel, white chocolate parfait
- -Selection of Australian cheese served with walnuts, dehydrated grapes, truffle honey and fruit toast
- About Lochiel House: The house was built in 1825 by Joseph Douglas, a former convict, on 50 acres of land granted to him by the governor of the colony. It was originally named ‘Ivy Lodge’ and was the first accommodation house in the area. After changing hands several times over its almost 200 years of history, it was eventually converted into a café, then restaurant, while retaining its cosy charm.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for lunch or dinner from Monday to Tuesday and Thursday to Saturday until 30 October, 2013. Guests must be seated by 6pm on Saturday for dinner. Guests can choose any items from the a la carte and alcohol menus. Bookings are essential, subject to availability and should be made by 30 September. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: Public holiday. You can buy unlimited vouchers. Maximum four vouchers per booking. Voucher is for two people. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit.