By Travelzoo Staff
Dine on modern Latin American cuisine at acclaimed Surry Hills restaurant Morena for just $59 for two people. Worth $136, receive a main and either an entrée or dessert per person, plus a glass of wine each from a select menu.
Why we love it
- Called ‘light and bright and lots of fun’ by the Good Food Guide 2013, Morena in Surry Hills is offering two courses with wine for two people for just $59
- Each person will receive a main, plus entrée or dessert from a select menu, and a glass of Chilean wine
- Additional guests can pay just $30 per person
- Opening just under two years ago, the restaurant features a menu heavily influenced by Peruvian cuisine and the flavours of Latin America
- Highlights include chupe de mariscos (seafood chowder), Peruvian creamy chicken, 8-hour slow cooked pork belly and tres leches (creamy sponge cake)
- Under the direction of head chef Alejandro Saravia, Morena has gained critical acclaim
- Valid for lunch on Saturday and Sunday and dinner from Tuesday to Sunday
Jun 26, 2013 - Oct 30, 2013
15/425 Bourke Street
Surry Hills, 2010
Tel: 0405 902 896
- Additional guests can pay just $29 per person.
- Opened in late 2011, the restaurant has been praised by food critics, with the Good Food Guide 2013 saying ‘Latin American fare is on-trend in Sydney, but few do it as authentically as Morena’ and Time Out calling it ‘a restaurant that’s really committed to showcasing Peruvian produce, cooked by a chef with talent’.
- Head chef Alejandro Saravia draws on his experience in the kitchens of renowned restaurants like Pier and Michelin-starred Fat Duck in Britain to create aesthetic, flavoursome dishes. The menu is heavily influenced by Peruvian cuisine and features the ingredients from Latin America.
- The select menu includes the following:
- Entrée (choice of):
- -Chupe de mariscos: Hearty seafood chowder with local clams, Queensland jumbo prawn tails and calamari
- -Causa de pollo al ají mirasol: Traditional crushed yellow potato served with free range chicken ribs, snowpeas and sour green Amazonian peppers
- -Cassava croquettes served with a creamy cheese and Peruvian yellow chilli-based sauce
- Main (choice of):
- -Peruvian creamy chicken, served over rice, poached egg and black olives
- -8-hour slow cooked suckling pig belly marinated in a special blend of citrus, chillies, vinegar and roasted garlic
- -Canastilla de verduras and legumbres: Baked light puff pastry basket with creamy carrot and cumin purée, chickpeas, baby spinach and potato cake
- Dessert (choice of):
- -Tres leches
- -Latin American-style rice pudding
- Wine (choice of):
- -Ochagavia Espuela Tinto 2012
- -Ochagavia Espuela Blanco 2012
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for lunch on Saturday and Sunday and dinner from Tuesday to Sunday until 30 October, 2013. Bookings are essential by phone or email, subject to availability and should be made by 30 September. Dimmi bookings will not be accepted. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: Public holidays. You may buy multiple vouchers. Maximum seven people per table. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Single person voucher must be used in conjunction with 2-person voucher.