By Travelzoo Staff
Surry Hills restaurant Watts on Crown is offering lunch or dinner for two people for just $49. This popular restaurant is ranked one of the top 25 restaurants in Sydney on TripAdvisor and receives rave reviews on Urbanspoon.
Why we love it
- Headed by chef Hamish Watt, whose impressive resume includes posts at chef-hatted Rockpool and London’s Kensington Place, Watts on Crown is offering lunch or dinner for two for just $49
- Choose anything from the a la carte and wine menus to the value of $100
- Featuring a variety of small dishes as well as more substantial mains and desserts, the creative menu is guaranteed to impress
- Highlights include grilled quail, confit duck leg, and blood orange and Campari crème brûlée
- Alternatively, start the day with $50 worth of food from the breakfast menu for just $19 for two
- Available from 8am, breakfast dishes include homemade banana bread, asparagus with poached duck egg and Hollandaise, big breakfast and pancakes with passionfruit and ricotta
- You can combine two vouchers per couple for an even bigger meal
- Watts on Crown is located in Surry Hills and provides a formal dining room on the upper floor and a more casual setting with open counter bar on the lower floor
- Valid seven days a week
Apr 02, 2013 - Jun 30, 2013
Watts on Crown
368 Crown Street
Surry Hills, 2010
Tel: (02) 8068 0461
- Choose anything from the diverse and creative menu, including wines. Alternatively, pay just $19 for breakfast for two and choose any breakfast dishes to the value of $50.
- The kitchen is headed by chef Hamish Watt who has previously worked at Neil Perry’s Rockpool and Kensington Place in London. Located on Crown Street, the restaurant features an elegant dining room on the upper floor and a more casual setting with open counter bar on the lower floor.
- Some dishes on the menu include:
- Something light:
- -Scotch eggs with mustard mayonnaise
- -Mini kangaroo burger with bush tomato chutney and wattle seed mayonnaise
- -Ceviche with seaweed and sesame salad, wasabi dressing
- -Char grilled squid with black pudding, rocket and green chilli salsa
- -Grilled quail with eggplant ragout, yoghurt and crisp basil
- -Roast kangaroo loin with rhubarb and beetroot purée
- -Confit duck leg with braised borlotti beans, pancetta and soft polenta
- -Saffron and root vegetable ravioli with almonds, parsley and parmesan
- -Chocolate fondant with vanilla bean ice cream and nut caramel
- -Blood orange and Campari crème brûlée with shortbread
- -Cheese board with lavosh, chutney and mandarin and brandy paste
- -Homemade banana bread with cinnamon butter
- -Pancakes with passionfruit ricotta
- -Asparagus with poached duck egg and Hollandaise
- -WATT a big brekkie: Eggs your style, bacon, pork and fennel sausages, house baked beans, roast tomatoes and mushrooms
The fine print
Update (Wednesday, 3 April 2013): Due to
overwhelmingly popular demand, dinners on Friday and Saturday night are
now booked out. You can still book dinner from Sunday to Thursday night,
and breakfast and lunch seven days a week.
Vouchers can be redeemed seven days a week until 30 June, 2013. Bookings are essential, subject to availability and should be made by 30 May. Limited availability from Friday to Sunday; please book early to avoid disappointment. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: Public holidays. You can buy multiple vouchers. Maximum two vouchers per couple per booking. Maximum six people per booking. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit.