By Travelzoo Staff
Take a day trip to one of Australia's finest wine regions, the Hunter Valley, for just $89 per person with Down Under Day Tours. The tour includes pickup and drop-off in Sydney and saves 50% off what this tour usually costs.
Why we love it
- Treat your taste buds to a Hunter Valley wine tasting tour from Down Under Day Tours for just $89 per person
- Save up to 50% off what this tour normally costs
- Visit three different wineries in the region, including renowned Lindeman’s and McGuigan Wines
- You'll learn about wine making with a presentation on the process from the grape growing through to bottling
- Also includes a lunch at Hunter Resort, complimented by specially selected wines and a visit to the Bluetongue beer brewery
- Stop at the quaint Hunter Valley Gardens, home of the local chocolate shop and many charming cafes
- The Hunter Valley is the oldest wine region in Australia and made the list for TripAdvisor’s best wine destinations of 2012
- Valid for 8am departures from the Sydney CBD, seven days a week
Feb 20, 2013 - May 22, 2013
Down Under Day Tours
Coach Interchange, Lower Level Star City Casino, Pirrama Rd
- Receive the following:
- -Return transport by air-conditioned coach from Pyrmont, Sydney
- -Tour guide
- -Wine tasting visits to three wineries
- -Visual wine making presentation
- -Lunch at Hunter Resort with complimentary wines
- -Visit to Bluetongue Brewery
- -Visit to Wollombi Village and Hunter Valley Gardens
- Lindeman’s, one of the wineries you’ll be visiting, is internationally famous and a pioneer in exporting Australian wines worldwide. McGuigan, another winery on the tour, is the only one in the world to have the honour of winning ‘world’s best winemaker’ three times at the International Wine and Spirit Competition.
- Hunter Valley was recognised as one of TripAdvisor’s five best wine destinations worldwide in 2012. Known as the oldest wine region in Australia, it is also one of the friendliest according to Lonely Planet, which has called it ‘refreshingly attitude-free and welcoming of viticulturists and novices alike’.
- Tours depart from Pyrmont at 8am, arriving back in Sydney at 6.15pm on the same evening.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed seven days a week until 22 May, 2013. Bookings are essential and subject to availability. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: 29 March; 1 April. All tax is included in the prices listed. Vouchers are not refundable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Once you have booked your tour with Down Under Day Tours, no cancellations are permitted or your voucher is subject to forfeiture.