By Johanna Grahn
Get a thrill while learning about the history of either Aradale (Ararat Lunatic Asylum) or Geelong Gaol on a ghost tour for just $15 per adult. This offer from Eerie Tours saves 54% off the regular price. Children can come along for $12.5 per child, saving 55% off the regular price.
Why we love it
- Buy your voucher and decide upon booking where to take your ghost tour -- Ararat or Geelong
- Aradale or ‘Ararat Lunatic Asylum’ opened its doors in 1967 and is the largest abandoned lunatic asylum in Australia
- It was once home to tens of thousands of mentally ill patients, some of them described as the worst in the British Empire
- The 4-story Geelong Gaol opened in 1847 and is one of the most intact 19th century convict prisons in Australia
- It housed convicts, murderers and lunatics in tiny cells; four of them were executed and buried within the walls of the prison
- Infamous Chopper Reid said that this was the one prison he didn't ever want to go back to
- Both sites are commonly thought to be among the most haunted sites in Australia
- 3-hour tours take place after dark and your experienced guide will recount stories from the past
Until 29 Mar 2014
Available Friday and Saturday nights
- Ghost tour of Aradalde (Ararat Lunatic Asylum) or Geelong Gaol
- Click here to read more about ghost tours of Ararat Lunatic Asylum
- Click here to read more about ghost tours of Geelong Gaol
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed on Friday or Saturday nights until 29 March, 2014. Bookings are essential, are subject to availability and should be made by 28 February. Tours sell out quickly, please book early to avoid disappointment. Mention your Travelzoo voucher and what tour you want when booking.
You can purchase multiple vouchers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Changes must be made at least 48 hours in advance or the voucher is subject to forfeiture. Tours are subject to a minimum of four people and a maximum of 30 people. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes. There are stairs and some surfaces may be slippery when wet. Not suitable for children under 8 years of age. People under 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Video cameras are not permitted. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior, tours will not wait for late arrivals.