By Travelzoo Staff
Revisit Australia’s gold rush past with a full-day tour of Sovereign Hill and more, for just $59 per adult. This tour departs from Melbourne CBD and saves 58% off the regular price.
Why we love it
- For just $59 per adult, revisit Australia’s gold rush history with this offer from Gray Line
- Children can also enjoy the tour at the discounted rate of $29 per child
- Regularly valued at $140, this tour visits the recreated gold mining town of Sovereign Hill, Ballarat and more
- Other highlights of the tour include Bacchus Marsh, the site of the Eureka Stockade and gold panning in Red Gully Creek
- Visit the gold museum, explore the original shops and stop off at the Chinese village in Sovereign Hill
- Valid for tours departing the Melbourne CBD at 8.20am on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays until 31 December
Jun 26, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013
Federation Square East
Corner of Flinders & Russell Sts
Tel: 1300 858 687
- Children can also enjoy the tour at the discounted rate of just $29 each.
- Travel on the highway originally used by stagecoaches in the 1850s towards Ballarat and enjoy a tour of this historical town. Then, visit the Eureka Stockade, the site of the well-known gold miners’ rebellion in 1854.
- Next stop is Sovereign Hill, a recreated 1850s gold mining town featuring some of the original shopfronts and an authentic atmosphere of the gold rush era. Go panning for gold in Red Gully Creek, see demonstrations of early mining equipment, and visit the gold museum.
- Other highlights include taking a guided tour on a tramway deep underground, visiting the Chinese Village and watch blacksmiths and traditional craftsmen at work.
- Tours depart from the Melbourne CBD at 8.20am and return at approximately 5.30pm.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays until 31 December, 2013. Bookings are essential, are subject to availability and should be made by 30 November. Quote your voucher number and tour code 380 at time of booking.
You can buy multiple vouchers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Children aged 4-14 years are eligible for child tickets.