By Travelzoo Staff
Learn about Melbourne’s fantastic history with a ‘History and Laneways’ Tour from MELTours for just $19 for two people. A saving of 76%, choose between the ‘Criminals and Counsellors’, ‘Prostitutes and Parliament’ or ‘Banks and Bullion’ tours.
Why we love it
- Discover Melbourne’s extensive history with this offer from MELTours when you pay just $19 for two people
- A saving of 76%, you have a choice of three ‘History and Laneways’ Tours
- Choose between ‘Criminals and Counsellors’ covering the northern part of the city, ‘Prostitutes and Parliament’ covering the eastern part and ‘Banks and Bullion’ covering the west
- Your experienced tour guide will take you through hidden laneways and arcades, and point out buildings and details that are easily missed
- Learn more about Melbourne’s breathtaking architecture, and get a glimpse of Melbourne in the 19th century as your guide recounts stories of the past
- 'Criminals and Councellors' and 'Prostitutes and Parliament' tours depart on select dates from Tuesday to Sunday; 'Banks and Bullion' tours depart on select dates from Tuesday to Friday.
Jun 11, 2013 - Dec 10, 2013
Various points around the CBD
Tel: 0407 380 969
- These eco-friendly tours last for two hours and are led by Level 2 First Aid accredited tour guides. Tram tickets are included should they be needed. You are advised to wear comfortable shoes, and you must arrive at the departure point 10 minutes before departure.
- History and Laneways Tour -- North
- The ‘Criminals and Councellors’ tour takes guests through the northern part of the city centre. Your guide will meet you on Lonsdale Street, and show you highlights such as the first Exhibition Building, the State Library of Victoria and Batman’s Hill. The tour finishes at Melbourne Central.
- History and Laneways Tour -- East
- The ‘Prostitutes and Parliament’ tour begins at a venue close to Federation Square and will take participants through the eastern part of the city centre. You’ll be immersed in the history of the former red light district, the Old Treasury Building and much more.
- History and Laneways Tour -- West
- The 'Banks and Bullion’ tour starts near Enterprize Park, where the first settlement was in Melbourne, and takes you through hidden laneways and arcades, tracing the commercial history of the city. The tour finishes at St Paul’s Cathedral.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed on select dates from Tuesday to Sunday ('Banks and Bullion' tour departs on select dates from Tuesday to Friday) until 10 December, 2013. Bookings are essential and subject to availability. Click here to view the next five bookable dates. Tours depart from various locations to be advised via confirmation emails. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
You can buy multiple vouchers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. No shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will forfeit the voucher. Tours are subject to a minimum of 10 guests to run.