By Travelzoo Staff
Become one of the more than 1.5 million people worldwide who love to kitesurf when you pay just $69 for a 2-hour lesson with KSS Altona.
Why we love it
- Learn to kitesurf on Port Phillip Bay and pay just $69 for a 2-hour lesson when you buy this deal from KSS Altona
- This 2-hour introductory lesson regularly costs $149 per person
- Harnessing the power of the wind with a large controllable power kite, kitesurfing is a surface water sport that combines aspects of wakeboarding, windsurfing and surfing
- Travelzoo subscribers will get a safety briefing and spend the first 30-40 minutes going over theory and learning to control an inflatable kite before hitting the water to have some fun and experience the power of the real thing
- Participants will learn how to land and launch the kite as well as perfect the body drag -- a move where you get dragged through the water as you control the kite
- This lesson will give you the kite control skills you’ll need for your next lesson
- Valid for lessons seven days a week
Jan 14, 2013 - Apr 11, 2013
End of Campbells Cove Rd (behind the last fishermans hut)
Werribee South, 3030
- Teaching you the basics of kitesurfing on Melbourne’s Port Phillip Bay, this introductory lesson regularly costs $149 per person.
- Starting with a safety briefing, Travelzoo subscribers who buy this deal will spend the first 30-40 minutes going over theory and learning to control an inflatable kite.
- The rest of the lesson will be spent in the water having fun, learning how to launch and land, and perfecting the body drag -- a move where you get dragged through the water as you control the kite.
- Sailing into mainstream popularity in the last decade, kitesurfing is a surface water sport that combines aspects of wakeboarding, windsurfing and surfing.
- Experienced kitesurfers have been known to reach speeds of up to 50 knots an hour, simply by harnessing the power of the wind.
- Meet behind the last fisherman's hut at the end of Campbells Cove Road, Werribee South. Click here to see a map.
- 'Like' KSS Altona on Facebook (www.facebook.com/kssaltona) to keep up to date on availability, as well as wind and weather conditions.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed seven days a week until 11 April, 2013. Bookings are essential, subject to availability and should be made as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: Public holidays. Minimum of two people and maximum four people per session. You must be at least 12 years old to participate. One voucher per person. Other vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior or voucher is subject to forfeiture. Classes subject to weather conditions. Please bring swimmers/board shorts, sunscreen and hat. Valid for the 'Get Wet' package only. This package does not include the use of a board as this takes several hours to master and can be learned in subsequent lessons.