By Travelzoo Staff
To celebrate the 200th anniversary of the birth of Richard Wagner, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra is performing his classical work Tristan and Isolde in Hamer Hall at the Arts Centre Melbourne. Travelzoo subscribers can buy tickets for just $49 per person, a saving of 55% off the average ticket price.
Why we love it
- Celebrate the renowned composer Richard Wagner’s 200th birthday anniversary with Melbourne Symphony Orchestra’s take on his classic Tristan and Isolde for just $49 per person
- A saving of 55% off the average ticket price, this offer is for the best available seats at time of purchase
- Performances take place in Hamer Hall, Arts Centre Melbourne and last for two hours
- Tristan and Isolde is considered one of opera’s most significant pieces, encompassing themes of passion, love and death
- Conductor Alexander Shelley will lead the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, and percussionist Colin Currie will provide different textures to the ensemble
- Valid for performances at 8pm on 18 and 19 July
Jul 04, 2013 - Jul 19, 2013
Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
Hamer Hall, Arts Centre Melbourne
100 St Kilda Road
Tel: 1300 182 183
- Premiering in 1865, Wagner’s Tristan and Isolde is, according to The Guardian, ‘opera’s most intoxicating mix of music, love, sex and death, transcended.’
- The piece is based on Gottfried von Straßburg’s version of Tristan, which is considered a narrative masterpiece of the German Middle Ages.
- Led by conductor Alexander Shelley, and featuring percussionist Colin Currie, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra will perform an orchestral take on the famous classic arranged by Henk de Vlieger.
- Performances take place at 8pm on 18 and 19 of July and last for two hours.
- How to purchase tickets: Click here to visit the website and enter the promo code 'WAGNER' in the promo code box. Click the 'BOOK TICKETS' button followed by the 'BEST AVAILABLE SEATS' button and the discounted price will show up on the right side of the page. Follow instructions on the page to purchase your ticket.
The fine print
Offer is limited to 400 tickets sold. Tickets must be purchased online and are valid for performances on 18 and 19 July, 2013. All tickets must be purchased by midnight (AEST) Tuesday 9 July. Tickets and best available seats are subject to availability. A transaction fee and credit/debit card processing fee may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. No cash value or cash back. Ticket must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Offer valid for adult tickets only. Please note -- If the discounted price does not appear, please enter promo code 'WAGNER' before selecting your seats to access this special offer. Booking instructions are at the bottom of this page.