By Travelzoo Staff
For just $35 for two people, sample authentic Nepalese cuisine at The Hungry Buddha in Canberra’s south. A saving of 55%, receive a 2-course dinner served with rice and accompaniments on the side.
Why we love it
- Experience traditional Nepalese cuisine at The Hungry Buddha in Canberra’s south for just $35 for two people
- A saving of 55%, choose two entrées and mains from the extensive menu, and receive rice and accompaniments on the side
- Start off with entrées such as momos (traditional Nepalese dumplings), pakora (spiced mix vegetables coated in chick pea batter) and makkai tareko (corn kernels sautéed with onion, ginger, garlic and other herbs)
- Mains include daal bhat (a traditional Nepalese set dinner), Himalaya kukhura (chicken cooked in exotic Himalayan spices) and aloo tama (potatoes cooked with bamboo shoots and black-eyed beans in traditional Himalayan herbs and spices)
- The menu also offers dishes from India, Indonesia and southern Asia, and there are plenty of vegetarian options available
- Located in Curtin, the restaurant features a Nepalese-style interior and attentive service
- Valid for dinner seven days a week
May 06, 2013 - Jun 30, 2013
The Hungry Buddha
44E Curtin Place, Lower Ground
Curtin Shopping Plaza
Tel: (02) 6285 2425
- Choose any two entrées and two mains from the extensive menu (excluding seafood), featuring traditional Nepalese cuisine as well as dishes from other parts of Asia. The restaurant is located in Curtin, and offers welcoming and attentive service and a Nepalese style interior.
- Below are just some of the many options on the menu.
- -Momo: Traditional Nepalese steamed chicken dumpling served with homemade tomato sauce
- -Kwati ko rash: Famous Nepalese festival soup of eight mixed beans freshly prepared with traditional herbs and spices
- -Pakora: Spiced mix vegetables coated in chickpea batter fried, served with tamarind sauce
- -Roti ra chutney: The Hungry Buddha famous naan or garlic naan served with homemade tomato chutney
- -Makkai tareko: Corn kernels sautéed with onion, ginger, garlic and other herbs, served with a lemon wedge
- -Daal bhat: A traditional Nepalese set dinner of rice and daal, served with a choice of meat and traditional vegetable dish, pickle and a papadum
- -Aloo tama: Potatoes cooked with bamboo shoots and black-eyed beans in traditional Himalayan herbs and spices
- -Jogi tarkari: Nepalese-style mixed vegetable curry of cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, zucchini, peas, potatoes and bamboo shoots
- -Himalaya kukhura: Boneless succulent pieces of chicken cooked in exotic Himalayan spices
- -Khasi ko masu: Exquisite village-style curry of tender boneless goat enriched with the flavours of fenugreek, cinnamon, tomatoes, coriander, bay leaves, ginger and garlic
- -Butter chicken: Boneless pieces of chicken marinated in traditional north Indian spices cooked in butter and cream
- -Sri Lankan lamb roti kottu: Lamb, roti, vegetables, egg, coriander and shallots
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for dinner from 6pm seven days a week until 30 June, 2013. Please book at least one week in advance for Friday or Saturday nights as availability is limited. Bookings are essential and subject to availability.
Blackout dates: Public holidays. Quote your voucher number at time of booking. Maximum two vouchers per person. Maximum one voucher per table per visit. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Restaurant is fully licensed, BYO wine only ($10 per bottle). Dishes exclude seafood.